Madame la Marquise

Fruit Oolong Blend
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “My Camellia Sinensis order is here! It’s been a shite Monday thus far, so I feel like the stars aligned to deliver my teas today haha. I was so excited to try this one and it does not disappoint!...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sample from variaTEA, but originally from Roswell if I remember right. This one is actually pretty tasty tonight. I am peached out…but apricot I can get behind. While I don’t love green oolong,...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown (211) This is very oolong today with a touch of that waxy apple flavor that a lot of apple-based tisanes have. It’s alright. But I remember the last cup being better. Thank you Roswell...” Read full tasting note
  • “#2021sipdownchallenge Thanks Mastress Alita for the prompt/inspiration for this cuppa! I guess it’s National Apricot Day, so it was a fun exercise going through the different apricot teas in my...” Read full tasting note

From Camellia Sinensis

A Chinese wulong blended with dried apricot pieces, a favorite among lovers of creamy, exotic, thirst-quenching beverages.

Makes as excellent an iced tea as it does a hot tea.

Ingredients : wulong tea, apricots, natural flavour.

About Camellia Sinensis View company

I was so excited to try this one and it does not disappoint! There are huge apricot chunks in the mix and they smell incredible!

I did a quick rinse of the leaves and then steeped it up midway between the recommended times and this tea is so tasty! The oolong stays in the background and doesn’t have that mineral taste that I’m not a fan of. The apricot is present and delightful and becomes more present as the tea cools. There appears a subtle floral flavour as the tea goes from lukewarm to cold.

The second steep is still quite flavourful as well!

1st steep 4.5 minutes
2nd steep 6 minutes

A really great cup and I would definitely order a full-size pouch of this tea!

200 °F / 93 °C 4 min, 30 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 414 ML
Tiffany :)

My order has not shipped yet but I think this is one of the 10 I picked out?? I’ve never had apricot in a tea (or if I have I don’t remember) and I enjoy that flavor and I enjoy oolong teas so apricot + oolong sounds right up my alley….

Sample from variaTEA, but originally from Roswell if I remember right. This one is actually pretty tasty tonight. I am peached out…but apricot I can get behind. While I don’t love green oolong, I am ok with them when done well with a flavour. Ie melon oolong :)

Glad to try this one as I’d consider getting it again if I had a hankering for apricot. Reminds me of one of the Paris teas I brought back but can’t for the life of me remember the name. It was an apricot black if I remember right.

Thanks ladies!

Sipdown (211)

This is very oolong today with a touch of that waxy apple flavor that a lot of apple-based tisanes have. It’s alright. But I remember the last cup being better. Thank you Roswell Strange!

#2021sipdownchallenge

Thanks Mastress Alita for the prompt/inspiration for this cuppa! I guess it’s National Apricot Day, so it was a fun exercise going through the different apricot teas in my stash to find one to drink. I was split, in the end, between this and Chai Apricot from Tea Desire. Both blends I like a lot. Apricot is such a specific flavour, but when it’s done well it’s done really well and Camellia Sinensis nails it here!

Usually when I buy tea from Camellia Sinensis I’m more interested in their single origin teas, but this is one of the best apricot teas I’ve come across! Jammy and well rounded w/ apricot, nectarine, and apple notes paired with a very complimentary floral and nutty oolong on the greener side! It paired very well with the Inhumans comic I was reading; it reminded me of the character Medusa’s vibrant red/orange hair. Yum yum!

Tea Photo: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ11-K_ABk1/

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoxuYDvHbqs&ab_channel=KaileeMorgueVEVO