La Cumbre Bitaco

Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

• “The MRI is back open and today was the first official scan for our lab in over a year, so I was in the hospital all day as the person responsible for doing the scan, and it was a lot. I knew this...” Read full tasting note
  • “Thanks to Roswell Strange for my first Columbian black tea! How exciting! Felt like a straight black today, and since this was staring me in the face, I went for it. Initial smell of the leaf was...” Read full tasting note
  • “Gongfu! Enjoyed this black tea with some spiced gouda & cherry tomatoes, in the late morning!! I’ve always thought that this Columbian black tea had such a beautiful and interesting cumin note,...” Read full tasting note

From Camellia Sinensis

High above the Western flanks of the Andes, in La Cumbre region, at over 1800m of altitude we find the luxurious garden origin of this organic black tea. A unique tea with the barley and woody taste, often found in stronger black teas. The choice of cultivars adds a sweeter edge of sugar cane, cocoa and honey. A great addition and a perfect morning tea!

About Camellia Sinensis View company

The MRI is back open and today was the first official scan for our lab in over a year, so I was in the hospital all day as the person responsible for doing the scan, and it was a lot. I knew this was coming, so everything started strong, but gradually, one thing after another went awry and I spent the day in a state of overwhelm.

I managed to get one cup of this tea in before I headed in to work and thank goodness for that. I’ve been racing through this tea – dare I say it’s a new favourite? It’s so tasty and just hits the spot every time. I finally just got home a few minutes ago and feel ready to collapse, so I made a fresh cup of this to enjoy while I attempt to zone out!

It even resteeps well!

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 414 ML
OMGsrsly

That sounds overwhelming! I’m glad you were able to take some time with your tea. :)

Tiffany :)

Oh goodness! I think we are all like this as we are going from quiet to ACTION in work in the aftermath of the pandemic. (I work at front desk of hotel and last few months we’ve picked up a little bit and it’s a shock to the system for sure).. thankful you got a cuppa before you went in for your shift. :)

Thanks to Roswell Strange for my first Columbian black tea! How exciting!

Felt like a straight black today, and since this was staring me in the face, I went for it. Initial smell of the leaf was robust and rich, malty and maybe a hint chocolatey – so a great first impression! Brewed up, it was the oddest thing – when it was warm, it tasted like straight up cooked sweet potato. Or butternut squash. I wasn’t quite sure, but it wasn’t sweet. It was very intriguing, but of course I then left the house and the tea cooled; cool it tastes like a nice, malty black – not my favourite profile, but on the yummy side. One weird thing, though – when it was hot, there was the slightest bit of fishiness. I can’t rule out some sort of contamination, as I’ve had pu’erh in infusers lately, and also had smoked salmon yesterday (though I can’t imagine having contaminated an infuser with it). It did dissipate as the tea cooled, though.

Gongfu!

Enjoyed this black tea with some spiced gouda & cherry tomatoes, in the late morning!! I’ve always thought that this Columbian black tea had such a beautiful and interesting cumin note, so I really like the idea of emphasizing those spicier notes in the tea with complimenting spices in this cheese, especially the caraway seeds that are mixed throughout it!! The gouda is also very creamy and buttery, which helps to mute much of the astringency present in this black tea. What’s left is a rich, full bodied profile composed of spice, wood, malt, and bitter cacao notes!!

Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/B9cVc5uABBk/