Red Delicious 2019 Jinggu Dianhong

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by annie

• “Another cup of tea that I had throughout the day today – Western style. The name of this always makes me think that it’s going to be sweet and apple-y tasting, but instead it’s consistently heavy...” Read full tasting note
  • “I get where the name came from, but my first reaction was thinking about the INFERIOR apple (stone fruits are the best fruits and I won’t hear any different) and almost didn’t get this. but I’m a...” Read full tasting note

From Bitterleaf Teas

This Dianhong/Yunnan black tea/red tea/whatever you want to call it is good enough to take a bite out of.

While we generally avoid assigning specific flavours or notes to tea, this one has dominant peachy-sweetness that isn’t overpowered by the roast. The flavour is rich with a nice maltiness, making for a great budget black tea.

Picking period: Pre-April 17, 2019

About Bitterleaf Teas View company

Another cup of tea that I had throughout the day today – Western style.

The name of this always makes me think that it’s going to be sweet and apple-y tasting, but instead it’s consistently heavy and saturated golden peach and chocolate/malt/smoke notes that are just so delicious and thick. Throws me off each time, even though it’s honestly really consistent. Oh well. I enjoyed it a lot, and that’s the important part.

I get where the name came from, but my first reaction was thinking about the INFERIOR apple (stone fruits are the best fruits and I won’t hear any different) and almost didn’t get this. but I’m a sucker. a sucker for dianhongs and I am VERY glad that this ended up in my cart bc this is SO GOOD. it was cherry/peachy and malty and I love it. I forgot that I was steeping and so the first round it was slightly medicinal, but still enjoyable.

tea-sipper

Wait.. the description calls this peachy but the name is “red delicious”? Hmm

annie

dianhongs are sometimes also called red tea (or I guess Yunnan red tea so it’s not confused with rooibos? I dunno?) but YES. it is peachy (I also got cherry notes) and delicious :)