Nordic Berry Matcha

Herbal Matcha Blend
Berry, Bitter, Black Currant, Candy, Cranberry, Elderberry, Herbaceous, Marine, Pine, Raspberry, Seaweed, Sweet, Umami, Artificial, Medicinal, Berries, Fruity, Grass, Smooth, Tart
Bulk, Loose Leaf
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
145 °F / 62 °C 5 g 12 oz / 354 ml

2 Images

• “Sipdown! (7 | 137) Finishing this mini tin off as an iced latte. Ummm… no. To me, it’s worse this way than it is plain. It’s coming off very medicinal with the combination of berry and the...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown (233)…sorta I really didn’t like this one. The jammy and rich berry note had so much promise but the umami and herb quality to this was waaaayyy too much for my tastes. The last little bit...” Read full tasting note
  • “Ooo, I like this one! Mixed up nicely in an oat milk latte with a nice red berry flavor; in particular I tasted a hint of tart cranberry, which I usually never pick up in tea. But what I really...” Read full tasting note
  • “#adventageddon Day Nine – 5/5 I thought I enjoyed the Super Matcha (and, well, I did) but this is FAR more impressive and tasty to me than that blend was! I was kind of shocked by how delicious it...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Wild forest berry green tea powder!

We wanted to create some deliciously sweet matchas for matcha lovers to enjoy and for those new to matcha to discover! This blend was inspired by forest fruits this juicy berry flavoured Japanese matcha is blended with natural berry oils & foraged nettle greens.

Japanese matcha green tea, natural flavouring granules, nettle.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Sipdown! (7 | 137)

Finishing this mini tin off as an iced latte.

Ummm… no. To me, it’s worse this way than it is plain. It’s coming off very medicinal with the combination of berry and the nettle. It’s like a berry cough drop or something.

Oh well, I suppose I should be glad that this one didn’t work out for me, given how expensive B&B’s matcha is!

Flavors: Artificial, Berry, Herbaceous, Medicinal

Iced 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Sipdown (233)…sorta

I really didn’t like this one. The jammy and rich berry note had so much promise but the umami and herb quality to this was waaaayyy too much for my tastes. The last little bit of this went into my swap box and will likely be sent off to my tea twin, Roswell Strange, when I eventually send her a package.

Ooo, I like this one! Mixed up nicely in an oat milk latte with a nice red berry flavor; in particular I tasted a hint of tart cranberry, which I usually never pick up in tea. But what I really loved was this nice, refreshing piney sort of taste that must have been coming from the nettle in the powder. The flavor combo was great!

Since it’s a mixed berry matcha, I put the latte after sampling into the last of my frozen triple berry mix (raspberry/blueberry/blackberry) with some yogurt for my breakfast smoothie tomorrow. I’m so happy that the piney taste is still coming through.

Definitely one of my favorite B&B matchas so far!

Flavors: Berries, Cranberry, Fruity, Grass, Pine, Smooth, Tart

Iced 5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

#adventageddon Day Nine – 5/5

I thought I enjoyed the Super Matcha (and, well, I did) but this is FAR more impressive and tasty to me than that blend was! I was kind of shocked by how delicious it was, and this is another one that I’ll definitely be looking into getting a bigger amount of. Thankfully, I didn’t use the entire matcha sample today so I get to enjoy another serving at a later date…

Really smooth, with a great combination of deeper, dense mixed berry notes and an almost pine like herbal undertone from the ground nettle! I worry sometimes when I see that Bird and Blend has added ground ingredients to their matchas – often they come out so unpleasantly in the texture of the match but this was flawless. I never would have known nettle had been mixed in if it weren’t for the taste being that extra bit herbaceous, and seeing it in the ingredients list.

I do wish I knew what the berry flavouring specifically is – but the wild berry/mixed berry profile is still VERY pleasant even if it’s a touch general.

This was my favourite tea today!

Scheherazade

I really like Super Matcha, so now I’m seriously excited for this one!