Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Hibiscus, Lavender, Lemon Verbena, Rose Petals
Floral, Lavender, Rose, Flowers, Herbs, Perfume, Citrus, Lemon, Pleasantly Sour, Sweet
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 2 g 70 oz / 2057 ml

3 Images

• “160/365 The last of Bluebird’s Dreamtime collection, which was released earlier this year (just after Christmas?) Dozy Girl is kind of a repromote in this context, because it’s part of their...” Read full tasting note
  • “0.9 tablespoons for 248 ml Predominant flavour is lavender with chamomile in the background. Hibiscus is very well blended- I can’t pick it out in the blend. There a slight lemony zing which I’m...” Read full tasting note
  • “#tiffanys2021sipdown Tea #84 overall / Tea #51 for February Sunday 2/28 so I thought I had reached my goal at this point but I was one short. I pulled out this tea which is not really my tea style...” Read full tasting note
  • “Free sample from my summer order. This one was much better after I added a tiny bit of sugar. The lavender flavor was pretty strong, with a bit of a soft, nondescript background of other stuff. I...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

A soothing, sleepy time blend of chamomile, lavender + rose

Chamomile, Lemon verbena, Hibiscus, Rose petals, Lavender

Put those pesky sheep to bed once and for all with this soothing blend of lavender, chamomile and rose. Perfect before bedtime for a sound night’s sleep. Also nicknamed ’Mother’s Little Helper’ and ‘The Girlfriend Calmer’… it’s a miracle in a cup!

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

160/365

The last of Bluebird’s Dreamtime collection, which was released earlier this year (just after Christmas?) Dozy Girl is kind of a repromote in this context, because it’s part of their permanent collection anyway. I’m pretty sure it’s one of the ones that’s been around since day one.

It’s never been one of my absolute favourites, just because floral teas aren’t generally my thing. I had a cup right before bed, though, and I slept so well last night that I might have to reevaluate. I didn’t go to bed particularly early, but I woke up actually feeling refreshed, and that’s a rare thing for me.

The most prominent flavour is chamomile, followed by a heavy hit of rose. The lavender is there also, but remains very much a background flavour. The combination is highly scented and perhaps a little too perfumey for my liking, but it does tone down the sweet/honey flavour of the chamomile a little, and that’s welcome.

There’s something underlying the other flavours that I can’t quite put my finger on, but it’s adding a deeply “herbal” note to an otherwise sweet tea. I suppose it could be the lemon verbena…? It’s not the hibiscus! Until I looked at the ingredients list, I didn’t actually realise there was hibiscus in this blend. It doesn’t affect the flavour or colour, so I guess it can’t be much.

This probably isn’t a tea I’d drink routinely for pleasure, because the flavour combination isn’t really one I enjoy. As a sleep aid, though? You bet!

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp
Evol Ving Ness

I find myself doing most anything for a good night’s sleep these days—and by these days, I mean the past two years since my new neighbours moved in with baby and other hysterics.

Scheherazade

That sucks. I’ve had bad neighbours before, and remember it as one of the worst experiences of my life. That might sound melodramatic, but it got to the point where the thought of going home made me feel physically sick…and I don’t like my job! If I’d rather stay at work than go home, I know things are really bad. This tea just seems to knock me out, though. I don’t think it used to have that much effect on me, but it certainly does these days!

Evol Ving Ness

Not melodramatic at all. I completely get it and well know that sinking feeling when you walk in the front door to your own home. It’s like the thing gets poisoned. Sorry that you had had that experience. Here, I continue to experiment to find a workable solution. It’s coming.

Hurray for potent sleepy tea!

0.9 tablespoons for 248 ml

Predominant flavour is lavender with chamomile in the background. Hibiscus is very well blended- I can’t pick it out in the blend. There a slight lemony zing which I’m sure the hibiscus is accentuating.

#tiffanys2021sipdown Tea #84 overall / Tea #51 for February

Sunday 2/28 so I thought I had reached my goal at this point but I was one short. I pulled out this tea which is not really my tea style but I steeped the 1 sachet I have for a few minutes in 10 oz of water. Not bad for a floral chamomile tea.

#tiffanydrinkstea #tiffanys2021 #tiffanysfaves #tiffanyinthe614 #tiffanysteasipdown #sipdownchallenge

Free sample from my summer order. This one was much better after I added a tiny bit of sugar. The lavender flavor was pretty strong, with a bit of a soft, nondescript background of other stuff. I cold brewed a second steep, which was still quite lavendery. I’m not sure this is my #1 favorite lavender blend, but I did enjoy it quite a bit and would consider ordering it in the future.

One of the free treats with my last B&B order. I don´t tend to have tea just before going to bed, and even less a chamomile based tea (which I only seem to have when I have eaten too much ;-) ), so I kept it a while before trying it.
What a wonderful flowery aroma when opening the pocket in which the tea bag is sealed! Rose and lavender make it very perfume-like, and they probably also cause the steeped tea to be a nice pink in colour. For me these ingredients overwhelm in comparaison to the chamomile, what I actually can appreciate. Good brew, but I think the other senses (view, smell) make it a more enjoyable experience, and as I had it in a glass mug, I could enjoy the visual side also in optimal conditions.

Flavors: Floral, Lavender, Rose

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 30 sec 1 g 8 OZ / 250 ML

Got one bag of this tea as a freebie from Bird & Blend.
Brews a surprisingly rich colour, rose/violet tinted.
Aroma dominated by chamomille, but with other ingredients also fairly evident and combining into a complex bouquet. Maybe a bit too perfumey, but one can expect such impression with rose and lavender.
Sweetish, very floral (obviously) taste, a bit herbal.
Honestly, I’m not a floral tea lover and certainly I’d never buy it this blend on my own, but it’s nice to have this freebie, because it lets me try something new. And to confirm my taste. :)

Flavors: Flowers, Herbs, Lavender, Perfume, Rose

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 g 250 OZ / 7393 ML

Decided to finally brew this one up tonight; I had a freebie teabag of it in my Boxing Day Sale order (I had to get that Jasmine Poached Pears while I had a chance!), but I’ve actually had one of the 20g sampler pouches from B&B for ages and still haven’t opened it up yet… so typical of me!

I love floral teas, but this does have chamomile in it, so depending on how strong the chamomile presents compared to the rose and lavender (two flavors I really love), this really could go either way for me. I am able to smell it pretty strongly in the aroma of the cup… but I’m also smelling the rose and lavender, and the tea is a pretty pink color rather than chamomile yellow, so maybe the small addition of the hibi (another thing I love… I know, controversial!) will go a long way in mellowing out that soapy chamomile taste for me.

The flavor… huh. Interesting, the main note I’m getting is lemon. There is lemon verbena in the blend, but I wasn’t even picking up any citrus in the aroma. I do taste a bit of the chamomile, but with the lemon presenting as the strongest flavor note, and it coming out a nice, pleasantly tart sort of lemon, it is rounding it out so nicely that my typical chamomile-blechniness isn’t bothering me. I get a hit of sweet florals toward the end of the sip; I’m not really picking out a distinct lavender flavor, sadly (I quite like the taste of it, and it pairs nicely with lemon citrus, too) but I definitely taste the rose.

This is far more enjoyable than I thought I was going to fare with it. It’s a gentle lemon tea with strong floral notes, and a good evening herbal. I’m not sure if I’d restock it, but I won’t have any issues going through the other sampler pouch I have stashed away nor any other freebie teabags that make their way to me.

Flavors: Citrus, Floral, Lemon, Pleasantly Sour, Rose, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 350 ML

SUPER glad I can’t taste any hibiscus in this! If I had seen it in the ingredients of the tea, I wouldn’t have bought it. I taste a nice blend of chamomile and lavender… maybe a little lemongrass. It’s nice and I like it, but I don’t think it is spectacular enough to warrant the shipping costs from the UK.

Lexie Aleah

I just did something similar myself I bought a Mandarin Spice Tea and it has hibiscus as the second ingredient. I usually always check beforehand but didn’t this time.

Dustin

How was it? I would imagine the hib would be pretty strong and yuck if it was the second ingredient.

Lexie Aleah

I have yet to summon up the courage to try it. I might as well make a cup right now.

This was my bedtime drink of choice yesterday. Looking at the ingredients, it’s a blend I really shouldn’t love, given I’m not a huge fan of floral teas. But for some reason, this just works for me.

It’s such a pretty tea, with the rose petals and chamomile giving it an almost dreamy appearance and the scent of the lavender creating an instant calm. It does taste floral, there’s no getting away from that; mostly chamomile, with a sizeable dose of rose and then lavender drifting in.

Every time I take a sip, I get these childhood memories of attempting to make my own perfume (mashing up flowers from my gran’s garden in a bucket of water! Please tell me I’m not the only 8-year-old that did that?) In fact, there’s a lot about this tea that reminds me of being a little girl. Those little pouches of potpourri my gran would put in my bedroom when I slept over. Maybe that’s why I find this tea so calming. It takes me back to when life was carefree and the only thing I had to worry about before I went to sleep, was if mum had remembered to stock up on Coco-Pops for the morning. I always sleep so well after drinking this tea. It’s one I will always make sure is in my cupboard.

Flavors: Herbs, Lavender, Rose

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Dozy girl is by far my favorite night time tea. It’s relaxing and cozy and puts my right into a peaceful sleep. Couldn’t recommend enough!

Flavors: Lavender, Rose