Herbal Tea
Cacao Nibs, Marshmallow Leaf, Marshmallow Root, Peppermint
Chocolate, Herbaceous, Mint, Nuts, Peppermint, Roasted, Sweet
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “I go through phases with mint teas, but I find myself craving them a bit more the closer we get to the holidays. Picked up a few blends from this new-to-me brand, including this one. The peppermint...” Read full tasting note
  • “I thought I would let myself crack open a new tea this evening since I sipped down the sample from Deb that I had opened a few days ago. This is a company that I found through Sips By. I haven’t...” Read full tasting note

From Asheville Tea Company

WARM & TOASTY!

Inspired by memories of snow days in the mountains, this cuppa is warming for your hands and heart after a big day of playing in the cold.

Flavor Notes: Hot Chocolate, Soothing Mint, Earthy Sweet

Recommended Pairings: Slopeside Days, Snow Angels, Wintery Walks

Ingredients: Cacao Nibs, Peppermint, Marshmallow Root & Leaf

About Asheville Tea Company View company

I go through phases with mint teas, but I find myself craving them a bit more the closer we get to the holidays. Picked up a few blends from this new-to-me brand, including this one. The peppermint is nice and mellow. There’s a bit of chocolate in the aftertaste, that becomes more apparent the cooler the cup gets. The marshmallow root/leaf gives a creaminess to the cup that is really enjoyable. Overall, very pleasantly surprised.

Cameron B.

I have this one, too! I still need to try Winter Wonderland…

Shae

This sounds nice, especially with the marshmallow creaminess. I’m the same with mint; lately, I’ve been enjoying mostly peppermint. Maybe it’s that holiday feeling like you say.

amandastory516

Cameron- I just made Winter Wonderland this morning!
Shae- Definitely recommend this one if you’re in the mood for mint.

Shae

I’ve already added this one to my list. ;)

I thought I would let myself crack open a new tea this evening since I sipped down the sample from Deb that I had opened a few days ago. This is a company that I found through Sips By. I haven’t actually had one of their teas in my box, but I saw them on the page where all of the partner companies are listed. And on their site, I was drawn to the three holiday blends they offer, so I ended up ordering a 1-ounce pouch of each.

So this is the first to be tried. It’s a blend of cacao nibs, peppermint, and marshmallow root and leaf. The combination sounded lovely to me, especially with the cacao listed first in the list. The leaf is also nicely ground, which I appreciate since it makes it easier to measure and get a good mix of all ingredients.

I’m quite happy with this so far. The peppermint is the strongest flavor, which is to be expected. It has a nice bright flavor and doesn’t taste like a wet rag, which can be an issue for me with peppermint. I do taste the cacao nibs as well, or maybe the combination of cacao and marshmallow, and it comes across as more of a milk chocolaty flavor for me. It has a light and creamy chocolate flavor and there’s also a little note of roasted nuts that rounds it out. There’s an overall mellow sweetness.

A very pleasant mint chocolate herbal for the evening. I would like perhaps a little more of the marshmallow flavor to come out, but I am quite happy with the flavor of the cacao. This is a bit expensive at about $9 per ounce, but it’s also a very lightweight mix, so there’s more volume in that ounce than I would get with a heavier tea. I’ll have to see how I feel about it after a few more cups!

Flavors: Chocolate, Herbaceous, Mint, Nuts, Peppermint, Roasted, Sweet

Mastress Alita

The tea sounds lovely. The price not so much.

Courtney

This reminds me of the New Moon blend, minus the marshmallow root and leaf. But I have a bag of marshmallow root I’ve yet to open… maybe I’ll mix some in to see how it goes!