Earl Grey Bella Luna

Artificial, Bergamot, Bitter, Coconut, Cream, Perfume, Citrus, Creamy, Astringent, Lavender, Lemon, Vanilla, Cake
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 12 oz / 350 ml

From Adagio Teas

Earl Grey Bella Luna brings the light of the full moon to your cup. Robust Earl Grey shines with familiar bergamot notes, highlighted by a soft glow of coconut and cream. Rich, bright, and well-rounded, this tea is not to be missed… but it only rises once a month, so don’t miss out!

Blended With Black Tea, Coconut, Blue Cornflowers, Natural Coconut Flavor, Natural Bergamot Flavor & Natural Creme Flavor

About Adagio Teas View company

Adagio Advent Calendar – Day 17

I ended up with two Earls today, and three black teas total! Not that I’m complaining, I’d rather have an excess of black teas than an excess of herbals. This one is apparently only available during the full moon, and it’s a coconut Earl Grey.

The bergamot is a bit over-the-top here for me. It tastes slightly bitter and very perfumey, and it completely overpowers the coconut flavor. I do get a bit of coconut cream in the background, and at the end of the sip after the bergamot fades.

I’m not a fan, it’s overall quite bitter and the bergamot tastes artificial. Meh!

I had both of my advent chocolates with this cup. The DAVIDsTEA selection was a Peach Matcha-Infused Milk Chocolate Star. Like the other versions, it had little-to-no matcha flavor and only a little hint of peach. It mostly just tasted like milk chocolate. From La Maison du Chocolat, today’s chocolate is called “Cristal”. It’s an almond and hazelnut milk chocolate praliné with crushed hazelnuts and sea salt. Needless to say, it’s scrumptious! I haven’t been doing many notes on these chocolates since they’ve all been fairly similar, but I love the salty edge of this one.

(today’s advent teas: https://www.instagram.com/p/CI3UsUyAU_Z/)

Flavors: Artificial, Bergamot, Bitter, Coconut, Cream, Perfume

Dustin

I kind of love the idea of a tea only being sold on a specific day. I’m sure the reality of it would be frustrating.

Cameron B.

At least this one’s not as bad as the tea that’s only sold on Leap Day…

Mastress Alita

There is a Blue Moon one, too…

Delicious! Didn’t think I would like a creamy Earl Grey, but here we are.

The Autumn Moon (aka Harvest Moon) is today. So I got some of this tea at the Adagio store in Chicago before my train. It smells fantastic. There is a scent of creamy citrus, with a little coconut. The flavour is cream and bergamot, with mellow coconut notes.

Very glad I was finally able to try this.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus, Coconut, Cream, Creamy

306/365

This one’s kinda cool, in that it’s only available to purchase on days of the full moon. Apparently I’m a sucker for a gimmick, as well as an Earl Grey Cream!

I do love an EGC, though, so I pretty much had to buy this one when I came across it. This one has coconut as an added element, and since I’m not adverse to that either, it was a done deal.

I added a splash of milk to my cup, and as a result it comes across pretty soft, gentle, and delicate. It’s definitely an EG upfront, with a definite punch of bergamot, but it’s not too overpowering. The cream emerges towards the end of the sip, and then the coconut primarily in the aftertaste. The coconut is a touch soapy, but not too bad. I wasn’t totally sure about Earl Grey and coconut as a pairing to begin with, but it actually works pretty well.

My only slight complaint is that there’s a slightly intrusive floral flavour kicking around in the background, which is distracting and unnecessary. It reminds me most of lavender, but I’m not sure that it actually is. It reminds me a bit of potpourri, and comes across as slightly artificial. That aside, this is an enjoyable blend. Anything creamy wins points in my book, but I have a particular soft spot for EGCs and this one’s a tiny bit unique. I’ll happily drink it again, which is good considering I have a 50g bag! Maybe not without milk, though.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I remember having this once before and not really liking it so I kind of put it to the side for a while. Thought I’d give it another go and now I’m pretty pleased with the taste! A very nice Earl Grey.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Wow. I agree with other tasters that the initial scent of bergamot is a punch in the face. However, the tea’s taste doesn’t concur with that punch. This is an incredibly smooth, soft brew. It’s the first tea I’ve ever had that reminds me of actual velvet. Adding cream actually diminished the coconut notes for me. Adding a dash of coconut milk, on the other hand, makes this downright heavenly. It’s a really good thing for my wallet that this is only available once a month!

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I didn’t know how the coconut was going to go with the traditional taste of the earl grey. However, it added a little bit of a sweet flavor that added a balance to the bergamot and gave the tea a bit of a tropical feel to it.

Flavors: Bergamot, Coconut

The scent of the dry leaf punches you in the face. It smells VERY heavy of bergamot, almost off-putting, actually. I could also smell the lavender and the coconut. I brewed this tea for 4 minutes at 212F. After brewing, the bergamot smell was much more subdued, which made me happy. It tastes like an earl grey tea with a faint hint of bergamot. I think the lavender and cream really shines through here and I get just a hint of coconut at the end. I was hoping the addition of some sugar will bring out the coconut flavor some more but it didn’t. This tea is also astringent – it leaves my mouth feeling dry, but it isn’t unpleasant. Overall, this reminds me a lot of Zhi Tea’s Violet Femme, minus the coconut, and the Violet Femme is not as drying to the palate in my opinion. Overall, this is a lovely tea, especially with the addition of some sugar and a splash of cream.

Flavors: Astringent, Bergamot, Coconut, Cream, Lavender, Lemon

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

The smell for me was very offputting. Like lemon pound cake which was not enticing for me. So I put off trying it for a little while. But once steeped it doesn’t taste how it smells which is good. I’m only getting a small hint of coconut it gets lost in the bergamot. But this tea is kind of good. I wouldn’t drink it daily but once in a while it’s yummy. I wish I just got a sample though instead of 3oz. I wish there was more coconut flavor and that it went a little easier on the bergamot. This tea reminds me of London fog lattes without the lavender.

Only available on full moons. The leaves smelled sweet that reminded me of an orange cream popsicle. I brewed it at 212F for five minutes. The black tea and bergamot taste is very strong with a subtle fruity, sweet after taste. Next time I would like to steep it for maybe three minutes to get more of the coconut creme flavors.

Flavors: Bergamot, Coconut, Cream, Vanilla