Blueberry Lavender Cake Batter Black Tea

Black Tea, Dried Blueberries, Lavender, Natural Flavours
Berry, Blueberry, Floral, Frosting, Lavender, Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by CrowKettle

• “Yum, liked this one. Not quite as much as Vanilla Whipped Lavender Earl Grey, but still pretty darn tasty. May be even better if I pop a bit of bergamot in? Good blueberry flavour, a nice base, a...” Read full tasting note
  • “August 2021 Tea I drank this one up last week but just wanted to give it a quick shout out because I love lavender. Also, Anne does pretty good things with blueberries. Not sure if I’m 100% behind...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for August 9, 2021!

Oh my goodness – this is dreamy!

I came up with this tea “on the fly” – I was in my tea studio, about to blend a totally different tea when I came across just enough Mengku Assamica for one blend. I decided to shelf the other tea for a month & instead work with the Mengku – because this is a wonderfully glorious tea!

I’ve been thinking of crafting a blueberry lavender tea for some time because I simply love this flavor combination. The sweet flavor of the berry is a delightful companion to the intense floral taste of lavender. They play so well together on the palate.

I had the base, I had the key flavors chosen – but I wanted something a little different too – so I added a touch of cake batter essence to give this tea a background note of sweetness – licking the batter off the beaters kind of sweetness! YUM!

This tea is VEGAN, gluten-free, allergen-free & all-natural – not to mention unbelievably delicious!

ingredients: black tea, organic blueberries, organic lavender & natural flavors

to brew: shake the pouch before you start measuring. The lavender will sift its way to the bottom of the pouch & you want some of those little flower buds in your measurement! use 3g of tea to 12oz of near boiling water (205°F) & steep for 3 minutes. strain & allow to cool for 10 minutes before you start sipping.

About 52teas View company

Yum, liked this one. Not quite as much as Vanilla Whipped Lavender Earl Grey, but still pretty darn tasty. May be even better if I pop a bit of bergamot in? Good blueberry flavour, a nice base, a bit of lavender (not overpowering IMO), and some cakey/sweet flavouring.

August 2021 Tea

I drank this one up last week but just wanted to give it a quick shout out because I love lavender. Also, Anne does pretty good things with blueberries. Not sure if I’m 100% behind the combo but I think I mostly liked it. This tea and I had good times.

The black tea base is also pretty, with twisted leaves, and is a nice change from 52teas other black tea bases. It does come across as delicate and complex though, and I felt a little bad adding milk to it (did not stop me though).

Flavors: Berry, Blueberry, Floral, Frosting, Lavender, Malt

52Teas

I’ve been using what I have in my pantry of this to cold brew – it is SO GOOD cold brewed.

CrowKettle

I thought it would be good as a cold brew but it was honestly so satisfying as is (plus the changing cool weather)that I never got around to “experimenting” with it. I’m a fan though :)