Roasted Blueberry Mango Mate

Fruit Herbal Yerba maté Blend
Blueberry, Dry Grass, Roasted, Autumn Leaf Pile, Grass, Hay, Herbaceous, Smooth, Straw, Sweet
Medium
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Sipdown 84-2021 Added a bit of honey, and it really seems to bring out the blueberry flavor. I’m not getting any mango. But, the combination of fruity blueberry, roastiness, and slight grassiness...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown! (41 | 171) Meh. This one smells really nice in the packet, with a nice hit of blueberry aroma. But I don’t get much of blueberry or mango in the taste. I do enjoy yerba maté, and the mix...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Bonus Tea for February 2021!

Wow! I am so excited about this blend.

But first, a confession – that might be a bit obvious to anyone who is familiar with 52Teas – we didn’t have a featured reblend this month. This tea was blended instead. The reason? Because the ingredients I needed to reblend the tea I wanted to reblend had not yet arrived in time for me to start blending.

I needed to come up with something to blend in its place. I had just received a new shipment of Yerba Mate, so I decided to do something with it & this blend – is it! I wasn’t sure how it would turn out. Blueberries & mangoes is not a combination I see often – but it turned out AMAZING!

This tea has a blend of both green & roasted yerba mate. I like combining the two types of yerba mate. I tend to prefer the roasted mate – I find that the green is a bit too earthy for my taste. However, I’ve heard from more than one tea drinker that the roasted mate tends to be a bit too roasted for their liking & I get that. It does have a very strong roasted flavor – in fact I find that when I go 100% roasted mate – it becomes a nearly insurmountable challenge to blend anything with it to overcome that strong, roasted flavor. By blending the two, I get a lighter roasted flavor & just a hint of earthiness. I prefer the blend of the two over just one or the other – it’s the best of both!

To the mate blend, I added a bunch of freeze-dried blueberries. But since I recently created a Blueberry Cobbler tisane, I didn’t want to just do the blueberry thing. So I thought I’d add some mango – because, why not? I mean, this is 52Teas – we can do that sort of thing here. Then – just to lighten the flavor of the mate just a bit as well as add another interesting flavor profile to the mix, I added some lemon verbena.

This came out so good. It tastes like a blueberry & mango compote that was roasted over an open flame for a slightly smoky, roasted flavor. It’s sweet & fruity, but not too much. The blueberry has a sweet, slightly syrupy note to it, and there’s just a hint of lemon to bring the brightness of the mango forward. It’s mostly sweet, just a little bit tart, very energizing & completely delicious! It’s also organic, vegan, gluten-free & allergen free!

organic ingredients: yerba mate (green & roasted), lemon verbena, blueberries, mangos & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

Sipdown 84-2021
Added a bit of honey, and it really seems to bring out the blueberry flavor. I’m not getting any mango. But, the combination of fruity blueberry, roastiness, and slight grassiness is quite nice.

Flavors: Blueberry, Dry Grass, Roasted

Sipdown! (41 | 171)

Meh.

This one smells really nice in the packet, with a nice hit of blueberry aroma.

But I don’t get much of blueberry or mango in the taste. I do enjoy yerba maté, and the mix of the grassy, herbaceous green with the nutty roasted version is interesting. There’s a hint of blueberry perhaps? But not much, and definitely no mango.

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Blueberry, Dry Grass, Grass, Hay, Herbaceous, Roasted, Smooth, Straw, Sweet