Cranberry Apricot Muffin Honeybush

Fruit Honeybush Blend
Apricot, Grain, Nutmeg, Nutty, Pepper, Spices, Stonefruit, Cinnamon, Cookie, Cotton Candy, Cucumber, Honeydew, Sweet, Wood, Dried Fruit, Oats, Wheat
Caffeine Free
Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by breeteas

• “Okay… this tea was magical. The dry leaf of this tea smells so fruity and amazing – it took me a long while to place it, but it’s the kind of really bright and juicy citrus aroma of something like...” Read full tasting note
  • “Even though I’ve been only drinking from my 2017 stash, I exclusively drink tisanes after 6 pm, and sipped down my 2017 tisanes already… so since it’s National Apricot Day, I figured I may as well...” Read full tasting note
  • “Sipdown! (17) The last one from my November box! This was my favorite of the bunch, though it only sort-of tasted like the name… Oddly, the strongest note I get from this tisane is cucumber! No...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’m a bit burned out in honey bush blends. But, cranberry and apricot sounded quite nice. I was hoping for more of a tart cranberry, but it’s on the sweeter side, with a touch of a bubblegum thing...” Read full tasting note

From 52teas

Tea of the Week for November 9, 2020!

Yum! This tisane is PACKED with cranberry & apricot flavor! The apricot & cranberry together makes a compelling combination – sweet apricot & tart cranberry . . . Delicious!

I started with organic Honeybush & added a bunch of freeze-dried cranberries & apricots plus a kiss of warm, inviting spices (cinnamon & nutmeg) & just the right touch of essence to create a freshly baked muffin taste. A wonderful treat that’s perfect for this time of year & because it’s naturally caffeine-free, it’s something you can enjoy anytime – day or night!

And, it’s organic, VEGAN, gluten-free & allergen-free!

organic ingredients: honeybush, cranberries, apricots, cinnamon, nutmeg & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

11952 tasting notes

Okay… this tea was magical.

The dry leaf of this tea smells so fruity and amazing – it took me a long while to place it, but it’s the kind of really bright and juicy citrus aroma of something like a Sunkist Soda. Does anyone else remember Sunkist Soda? No? Just me? It’s weird because Sunkist is this very specific, almost tangerine-like, orange soda flavour – but I don’t believe there’s any citrus in this blend at all? So it must just be the apricot – but it’s tickling all those nostalgia buttons for me in aroma…

The taste is great; it’s so fresh tasting and really fruity – I love how virbrant and full of life the cranberry, apricot, and – yes – citrus notes taste. It’s like this sunny medley of juicy freshness. Sadly, the compromise seems to be that I’m not really getting anything that would make me think of a muffin – but the trio of fruit flavours I’m getting (still not sure where the citrus is from) is so specific and distinct that it’s just making this inner seven year so happy. All the the good feelings about Sunkist fruit snacks and soda that I didn’t know I had… channeled into this cup.

Mmmm!

Mastress Alita

Oh, my boss at work is addicted to Sunkist… it’s her only method of caffeine intake and some days she’ll go through three cans in a day!

Daylon R Thomas

I used those for low bloodsugars in my lunch packs during Elementary school.

tea-sipper

We still have Sunkist in the US! But I had to look it up – Sunkist is like the one fruit soda with caffeine! huh.

Even though I’ve been only drinking from my 2017 stash, I exclusively drink tisanes after 6 pm, and sipped down my 2017 tisanes already… so since it’s National Apricot Day, I figured I may as well break into this new tea (when was the last time I drank a tea when it was still new?!)

Got a strong stonefruit and that peppery honeybush note from the dry leaf aroma. Oddly enough, in the bag the stonefruit aroma read more as pear to me, but after I took out my generous scoop for my teacup and sniffed that, it definitely smelled more like peach/apricot. And those are the main aroma notes I’m getting from the cooling cup, as well.

I’m getting a nice apricot flavor from the steeped tea, sweet, but juicy. The honeybush base provides a bit of a sweet grainy/nutty flavor, and I’m also getting that pepper note from it as well, as unfortunately the other spices in the tea aren’t masking it for me. I do taste the spices toward the end of the sip, particularly the nutmeg which lingers on my tongue afterwards. It’s a subtle, sweet flavor. I am not tasting cranberry at all, but admittedly tend to have troubles reading that note in many teas… shame, I love nice, tart cranberries! So, I am getting at least an apricot muffin with a light dusting of nutmeg. But not a cranberry apricot muffin.

Still a relaxing night cuppa, and I really like the juicy apricot flavor here.

Flavors: Apricot, Grain, Nutmeg, Nutty, Pepper, Spices, Stonefruit

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 350 ML

Sipdown! (17)

Oddly, the strongest note I get from this tisane is cucumber! No idea where that’s coming from, but it was the same in all three potfuls. There is some apricot as well, but no cranberry for me. It does taste a little bit like a muffin, definitely the healthy kind with some bran, or maybe a whole wheat oatmeal cookie. The spices are nice and light, and just add a kiss of warmth to the blend.

Bumping it up just a few points, as I did find it enjoyable. The cucumber definitely threw me off from the whole muffin idea though! XD

Flavors: Apricot, Cinnamon, Cucumber, Dried Fruit, Oats, Pepper, Sweet, Wheat

VariaTEA

I’m only at 10 sipdowns. Need to pick up my game!

Cameron B.

Slacker! ;)

I’m sure mine will slow way down in a month or two, since these are all small packages for the most part.

52Teas

OK – just gonna say – there is no cucumber in this blend.

Cameron B.

Oh, I assumed there wasn’t. I was just really tasting it for some reason, LOL!

52Teas

I figured you knew this – as did everyone else reading – but it just kind of struck me funny that is what you tasted so I wanted to offer my input where it wasn’t necessarily necessary.

I’m a bit burned out in honey bush blends. But, cranberry and apricot sounded quite nice. I was hoping for more of a tart cranberry, but it’s on the sweeter side, with a touch of a bubblegum thing going on. A tiny bit of cinnamon, with a very slight apricot jamminess at the end of the sip.