Bananas!

Organic, Vegan
Edit tea info Last updated by breeteas

From 52teas

Tea of the Week of July 30, 2018/Retro Monday/Featured Reblend!

I was inspired to reblend this one because I kept reading one of my Steepster friend’s comments about wanting “MOAR Banana” in her banana flavored teas. (I don’t think I need to name names, I think she knows who I’m talking about!) So I decided to do this reblend because this is one of the more memorable teas that Frank put out in his last months doing the 52Teas thing. At least, for me it was very memorable because like my Steepster friend, I’m a little bananas about banana teas! (Psst! Wanna read my review of this tea? Click here!)

Frank’s description of this tea went like this:

Lots of people have commented on our banana tea blends in the past. We’ve used banana in a few blends inspired by banana pudding, bananas foster and even banana bread, but I thought this week we would really go bananas and just go with an all out banana tea. We’ve blended our Pettaiagala Extra Long Leaf OP black tea from Sri Lanka with real freeze-dried bananas and organic banana flavors, and this, my friends, is bananatacular! It’s bananaramic! It’s enough to leave you humming the Batman theme– “Nana nana nana nana nana nana… Batman!”

I managed to locate a Pettigala estate Ceylon similar to what was used in the original blend – it’s a fairly mild black tea that works well with the banana which is a mellow flavor. A more robust tea would have obscured the sweet yet authentic banana notes – but this smooth Pettigala Ceylon allows the banana to do its thing while still offering a smooth black tea flavor in the background.

If you’re bananas about banana flavored tea – you gotta try this one!

organic ingredients: single estate black tea, bananas & natural flavors

About 52teas View company

52 Teas does banana teas well. This is no exception. However, it is not quite as good as a lot of their other banana teas that have a little something extra like Banana Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha or Anne’s Gone Bananas and a Little (Coco)nuts.

Check out my full review here: http://sororiteasisters.com/2019/03/16/bananas-from-52teas/

BTW, How many versions of Anne’s Bananas! Black tea are there?

And it’s a sipdown!

#long time ago internet hiatus sipdown

52Teas

There are only 2 versions of Bananas! by Anne – but it was originally Frank’s tea – so there’s that version as well.

52Teas

But technically, the two versions I made were still made with the same base tea, and the same recipe. They may taste different but that has more to do with the fact that it’s a different harvest year for the tea than anything else.

Evol Ving Ness

Thanks, Anne!

ashmanra

I have never had a banana tea and I really really need to order one.

Tea from yesterday. Wish i could pick up more of this one – it just works for me. Banana tea with a great base. Hope Anne uses this base in more teas..of course for all i know she has haha

This tea was July’s Featured Reblend/Retro Monday blend. I’m a little surprised that I had to add it to the database because it was originally a Frank era blend – something that he blended in his final year @ 52Teas, if my memory serves me correctly.

Anyway, I stuck really close to the recipe on this blend – and it was a simple recipe – just tea and bananas! The only real tricky part was making sure I got the right kind of tea – this one utilizes a single garden black Ceylon from the Pettigala estate. After I managed to find the right tea, I knew I NEEDED to reblend this because – BANANAS! It was probably my favorite tea from Frank’s final year (again because – bananas). The lighter Ceylon allows the full flavor of the banana to shine through but because banana tends to be a softer tasting fruit, the Ceylon isn’t completely overwhelmed by the banana – it’s really a good pairing.

This one’s really good. If you like bananas, you need to try this blend. (But we’re almost out – just a few more pouches of it left!)