Hojicha Powder

Green Tea
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

1 Tasting Note View all

From 3 Leaf Tea

TASTING NOTES:
Nutty, Smooth, Mild

Imported from the same farm we get our premium matcha. Finely ground from roasted sencha leaves, this hojicha powder has a naturally sweet, nutty undertone that is perfect on its own or in a latte.

INGREDIENTS:
Hojicha powder, imported from Japan.

About 3 Leaf Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Very, very excited to explore the Hojicha powders from 3 Leaf Tea because relative to the rest of their offerings it’s something very new to their site. Plus, I really can’t think of any other companies selling flavoured hojicha powder so the innovation there just gets me hella excited!!

On one level, I was incredibly impressed by this straight hojicha powder and on another I found myself disappointed. The disappointing part was, thankfully, the element that I don’t care about quite as much – the texture. I could feel, as I was drinking this, the slight grit of the powder on my palate from the much more course grind and I was a little sad to see that 3 Leaf Tea hadn’t really gone for a fine, fine grind like the rest of their matcha.

On the flip side, the taste was exceptional! Medium to deep roast with a natural sweetness – the taste gave me Cracker Jack vibes in the most excellent way. Buttery caramel corn and toffee and golden toasted peanuts! Really delicious and I can only imagine how cozy and tasty this would be done up in a latte. It also made me both excited and curious to see how this base would work with the few flavoured hojichas that they carry…