An Ode to Tea challenge – U

I went through my entire tea list for ‘U’ teas and only have three!  Wow.  I thought this would be a sipdown, but no, AJRimmer sent me a lot.  I think many of these teas for this challenge might be sipdowns from AJRimmer, as two serving amount swaps are enough for me to try a tea twice. :D  However, the last note said I wanted to try this again and remove most of the hibiscus from my serving.  I did, and the flavor doesn’t leave much!  Even with  a steep of a few minutes, the brew is a pale pink and the flavor is mildly fruity.  Not worth it, really.  I might as well just steep this up when I want to drown in hibiscus and leave the hibiscus in (or remove half?)  I think it’s my least favorite of the hibiscus blends from Teavivre.

Sidenote: anyone else a fan of Fear the Walking Dead? I watched this week’s episode last night and NOOOOOOOO. My favorite character! I won’t spoil anything though. I like to watch the heartbreaking shows while I’m already heartbroken, and I had just been watching the news before that with the necessary protests and hearing about the 45 mass shootings in America in a month! Unimaginable. There definitely should be a protest about that as well. So sad.

Mastress Alita

I really like the Waterlilies hibi herbal from Teavivre (but I also like hibiscus and haven’t tried this one). I think I only had one option for U, myself.

Shae

My husband watches and I catch bits and pieces, so I’ve gotten familiar with most of the main characters. I caught this part of the episode when he was watching and I couldn’t believe it. I’m not even fully invested in the show and I’m sad about it. :(

tea-sipper

Still sad. :/ Luckily there a few good characters left…

Comments

Mastress Alita

Shae

tea-sipper

Still sad. :/ Luckily there a few good characters left…

Some of my favorite tea shops (still operating):
birdandblendtea.com

joysteaspoon.com
tealiciousllc.com
Rivertea
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), turmeric, bee pollen, charcoal type flavors

My ratings:
95-100 – Super awesome deliciousness favorites – cupboard essential
80-95 – Also pretty delicious
65-80 – Pretty good
50-65 – Okay
1-50 – Probably won’t want to sip it again

I’m planning on being a Steepsterer as long as there IS a Steepster, so if you’re not hearing from me, that means something happened to my health… if you know what I mean. (Or as evidenced by the great computer hiatus of 2019, something happened to my computer.) :D

Happy sipping!