drank Golden Oolong Tea by Vinis Premium tea

The last of my teas to review from my swap with Michelle – thank you!

The first sip of this feels a little watery tasting, but only the first sip. The color is dark and there is a distinct roasted coffee bean flavor and aroma. For some reason, lately I seem to like the bagged oolongs better than the loose leaf. Probably means I’m obviously not a connoisseur of such fancy teas. I tried an oolong from Yunnan Sourcing the other day and just couldn’t get into it.

Side note – the tag on this little tea bag is awfully cute! It has a bright yellow flower with red on the edges. Maybe a daisy? I don’t normally comment on tea bag tags, but this is one is really vibrant and fun.

Flavors: Astringent, Coffee, Roasted

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
Michelle

This one makes a good travel tea, it won’t get bitter no matter how I try to over steep it :)

Shae

I don’t often take teas on the go because I never can seem to plan ahead, but I imagine a quick (good) bagged tea like this one might change that. I have an old Teavana tumbler with a strainer basket but hadn’t thought to throw a couple bags of tea in there for the road. I usually take everything in my bag and make a cup once I’m at work. I have so many tea bags in my tea cabinet, I probably need to play around and find some good ones for this once I’m back in the office.

Sierge Krьstъ

There was very interesting offer but I think got fake it was clay lined thermos

Shae

Interesting, I didn’t even know clay-lined thermoses existed!

Comments

Michelle

Sierge Krьstъ

There was very interesting offer but I think got fake it was clay lined thermos

Shae

Interesting, I didn’t even know clay-lined thermoses existed!

Lifetime student. Lover of books and paper and ink. Kitchen dweller. Aspiring herbalist, excessively proud cat lady, and tea fanatic. Thirty-something elder millennial. She/her.

I love flavored black teas most of all, always with cream and honey. I prefer to sweeten my tea as it seems to bring out the flavor. I enjoy floral and fruity teas, as well as flavored or scented ones. I’m not overly fond of green or white teas, but I’ve found a few that I enjoy.

I’m open to tea swaps and/or just sharing what’s in my tea cabinet! Please reach out if you see something I have that you’d like to try. I do my best to update my cupboard regularly.

It will take me longer than usual to get to the post office while we’re in the midst of this pandemic, but I would still love to send you something next time I’m out and about!

Favorites
Any and all black teas, smoky teas, raspberry, strawberry, red fruits, bergamot, chai spices, floral teas, caramel/toffee, jasmine, rose, vanilla, peaches, plums, valerian root, cinnamon, cardamom

Not a huge fan
Lime, white teas, green teas, artificial sweeteners, sarsaparilla, licorice, lemongrass, lavender, hot hibiscus, hibiscus in black tea blends

Rating Scale

1-20: By far, one of the worst teas I’ve tasted. I most certainly will not finish my cup and will likely “gift” the rest to my sweet husband, James, who almost always enjoys the teas I dislike (and vice versa).

21-49: This tea is not good but if I mix it with another tea or find another steeping method I might be able to finish it.

50-70: This one is just okay. I might drink it again if someone were to give it to me, but I probably won’t be buying more for myself.

71-79: This is a consistently good tea. It’s reliable but not necessarily special.

80-90: This one is a notch above the rest and I would gladly enjoy a cup of it any day of the week. I’ll likely be keeping this in my cupboard, but it isn’t one of my all-time favorites.

91-95: One small change and this tea would be perfect. I’ll definitely have a stash of this in my kitchen if you come over for tea.

96-100: No words can describe this tea. It’s an experience, an aha moment. Closed eyes, wide smile, encompassing warmth. Absolutely incredible. Perfect.

Updated July 2021.