Wonder why they decided to call this faintly roasted instead of lightly roasted… My guess is that there is a percentage of roastedness. A percentage of roast that made this below lightly. Then again their website does say lightly roasted so…. marketing. The roast is indeed light. You can barely perceive the charcoal. At least at first; it comes more in the aftertaste. STOP! If you are drinking oolong and you have yet to pull apart your leaves do it now. How many leaves are on the stem? Is it twisted, curled, rolled? What colors? Okay. Continue your steep. The aroma is slightly buttered biscuit. The flavor is delicate. It has a small amount of minerality, a bit of grassiness when it oversteeps, floral notes.

gmathis

You had me at roasted, and then you really had me at “buttered biscuit!”

Comments

gmathis

You had me at roasted, and then you really had me at “buttered biscuit!”

I am a tea nerd also a purist. I avoid decaf and flavored teas though I will try them every once in a while to understand their nuances. Ultimately, I prefer pure tea but I also do love a good blended tea (like chai), and scented tea (like Jasmine).

I’m a stay-at-home mom who loves gardening, exploring, and being with my family.

If you love to discover new tea companies please do check out my website www.teatiff.com

Minnesota