drank Chen Zhen Jia by Hillside Tea

Trade with Vallhallow. #2. Tea experiences take a pivotal role in the lives of many Steepsters. They can range from tea shop experiences to something as simple as being blown away by the first sip of tea. That was me with this tea. Something about that first sip just made me go, “Whoa I need to write a note righ now.” Malty flavors surrounded by chocolate and woodsy notes. Maybe a bit of rosewood and a slight smokiness as well. This is after steeping it a little longer to see what I would uncover. The first sip had some lighter fruity tones. No astringency as of now. In a way, this somewhat reminds me of the Laoshan Black from Verdant Tea. The dry leaf has great coloring. Dark choclate/ umber tones with specks of golden threads. A sign of high quality and well-processed leaf. And cute tiny trichomes sticking to the inside of the bag.

Tea is a way of life. The more you drink tea, the more you learn about tea. I’m mostly a purist but also a bit of a tea adventurist. If there is a new tea or brand to be discovered I will try it out. I love every type save for dark teas which I just can’t seem to take a fancy to. The only ones I usually refuse to try are green tea and citrus mixes. Just nope.

I’m a stay at home mom who loves gardening, exploring, and being with my family.

Minnesota