Renegade is fairly new. This is very evident in the appearance of their tea. I’ve tried their black, green, and oolong; and each is very similar in its impression. Though there are plenty of heavier oxidized oolongs this one more closely resembles a black before steeping and a green after. Which makes sense because oolong is supposed to be in the middle as far as oxidation goes but it still looks darker than your usual oolong. It has a soft taste, somewhat woodsy with earthy notes and little astringency. Bare mineral notes and some unique green pepper hints.

Daylon R Thomas

I got the Lazy Morning because it had lighter oxidation. I got the green pepper thing with that one too.

Skysamurai

Green Pepper is one of those flavors that comes out and makes you sit there for a moment. Like, what did I just put in my mouth? haha

Comments

Daylon R Thomas

Skysamurai

Tea is a way of life. The more you drink tea, the more you learn about tea. I’m mostly a purist but also a bit of a tea adventurist. If there is a new tea or brand to be discovered I will try it out. I love every type save for dark teas which I just can’t seem to take a fancy to. The only ones I usually refuse to try are green tea and citrus mixes. Just nope.

I’m a stay at home mom who loves gardening, exploring, and being with my family.

Minnesota