Try #3 (why am I so determined?)

I actually left the lid off the tin for about 30 hours to see if I could calm some of this down. It helped . . . some.

While the scent is no longer overwhelming, it still tastes really artificial and for the life of me there is still no sign of vanilla, bergamot, or tea for that matter.

I think its time for me to give up. I’d see if I could give it away to someone, but with the pandemic, easier said than done. I think its got to go in the trash, I just need to make sure I do it and take it out immediately. I do not want the smell to linger.

TeaEarleGreyHot

Wow, your sentiments matched mine 4 yr ago. How long have you had this tea on hand?

Random

I purchased in late jan 2021 from Amazon, so who knows the age of the stock.

I also picked up a Chai from the same company which was pretty much nothing but roughly ground spices. Quite depressing.

TeaEarleGreyHot

Isn’t that what chai is supposed to be? Maybe the tea component was green tea and looked like the other ingredients. Or someone goofed up. LoL

TeaEarleGreyHot

Actually, I do see they sell a green-tea based chai called “Cinnamon Sweet Apricot” that looks like mostly spices!

Comments

TeaEarleGreyHot

Random

I purchased in late jan 2021 from Amazon, so who knows the age of the stock.

Rating Details:

100 – Amazing!
91-99 – Love it
76-90 – Staple
61-75 – If I’m in the right mood
46-60 – If it’s what is available
31-45 – Will finish out of guilt
0-30 – Gave or threw away

All reviews are purely subjective based upon my personal preferences alone.

Seattle Area