drank Oprah Chai Tea by Teavana

I was out running around with a friend and she wanted to hit Starbucks. Guess its been a while since the only teas they had last time I was there was Tazo.

I got this tea for something warm and spicy and hopefully not too bad. I was surprised as it was enjoyable.

Chai can be a bit of a hit or miss with me. While I enjoy clove, it too easily dominates, and I despise it when clove dominates. I could barely taste the clove in here. I adore cinnamon, but I couldn’t taste any in here at all.

The flavor I could taste is difficult for me to nail down. Possibly the cardamom. I’ve never had it in anything where it wasn’t dominated by another flavor. If this is indeed what I was tasting, I do enjoy the flavor.

I didn’t realize until looking this up that this is a black/rooibos blend. I normally have trouble with rooibos since it always have a medicinal flavor to it However, this tea, as well as another, I do not get that flavor from the rooibos.

Anyway, if I ever end up going back to Starbucks wanting something hot to drink, I will likely get it again. But its not something I would go out of my way for.

Rating Details:

100 – Amazing!
91-99 – Love it
76-90 – Staple
61-75 – If I’m in the right mood
46-60 – If it’s what is available
31-45 – Will finish out of guilt
0-30 – Gave or threw away

All reviews are purely subjective based upon my personal preferences alone.

Seattle Area