drank Passion Punch by DAVIDsTEA

This is entirely unique to anything DAVIDsTEA has offered in quite a long time, which isn’t something I can often say about their blends. I get lively passionfruit notes on top of a light white tea base that gives the tea a very nice body. The hibiscus is barely noticeable too! The first time I tried this I was a little underwhelmed, but after playing with steep times and techniques it’s become an easy favourite out of this new collection.

Flavors: Citrus, Passion Fruit, Rosehips

Law student from Alberta, Canada with a passion for all things tea after quitting coffee. Currently drinking primarily DAVIDsTEA blends due to proximity and convenience, but open to expanding my tea-rizons in the near future.

LIKES
Apple, caramel, vanilla, coconut, jasmine tea, malty black teas, sweet blackberry leaves, guayusa, white tea, peach, strawberry, creaminess, raspberry leaves, Chinese teas, anything smooth and creamy!!! Highly caffeinated blends have my heart.

DISLIKES
Vegetal green teas, astringency, ginger, cinnamon, peppercorns, hibiscus, alcoholic notes, stevia. I prefer teas that don’t contain dairy or artificial flavouring (which begs the question why 90% of my blends come from DAVIDsTEA, the king of artificial flavouring in the tea world). Herbals, tisanes, and rooibos teas tend to sit at the back of my tea cupboard. That being said, I’ll drink almost anything at least once.

RATING SYSTEM
0-20: I cannot get through a cup of this, it will be given away/thrown out.
20-40: Tolerable. Will definitely not repurchase.
40-60: Average. Will likely not repurchase.
60-80: Good to very good. May repurchase if I’m in the mood for one of these teas, but these teas are not staples in my collection.
80-95: Will very likely repurchase, but these teas are something I could live without or easily find a suitable substitute.
95-100: Staples. Must always have on hand, would go to the ends of the earth to track down if discontinued.

PREPARATION
I make all of my teas Western style, but if I do get more into straight teas in the future you can bet I will be buying a gong fu set. If I’ve added any milk to my teas, it’s always vanilla soy milk, and I do not add sweetener unless otherwise noted. Usually I’m very good about making a note of any additional ingredients I’ve added to the tea.