A review of Xingyang 2007 Shu Puer by Verdant Tea

Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 196 Fahrenheit
Time: 5 minutes

Note: I wanted to finish off this pu-er and I am not sure why. Anyhow, I take the remainder of the Xingyang in my mug and add the boiling water over it. I cover it for five minutes.

When the time elapses, I remove the cover and I find the tea’s color to be that raisin/prune color I had described before. It is the color that comes to mind; another might say darken amber, etc. At first there is this earthy aroma to the tea, but after a few seconds of immersion in the air, one can start to inhale the vapor of cinnamon and yes that soaking or prunes/raisin in the cup and a slight buttery residue that is left on the palette.

gmathis

A raisiny tea sounds wonderful; great for fall. I’m still a pu-er newbie; most of the ones I’ve tried are mossy and musky.

Comments

gmathis

I like to drink tea less so than when I was aptly reviewing teas. I find that I like less and less of things as I age. I am a somber spirit who prays daily to not be at all. Thank you Steepster for all that you do to enrich tea drinkers.

Leominster, MA