I brewed this tea for 3 minutes making sure it is very hot. The smell is very strong and medicinal in taste. I am not sure why I have been attributing medicinal to this Earl Grey and yet that is what it makes me think of each time I have had a cup of this. I can tell it is not just green tea since I have had their green teas and it does not hit me as such.

I also tried steeping this tea for 5 minutes and the longer steep seems milder with the same after taste. What I have come to notice is that this tea is one to have an acquired appreciation; and learn to like since upon first trying it one can dismiss it as bad tea or not to their liking.

I can say that I have come to learn to appreciate this tea and dismiss its assertive aroma with longer steeping time. It seems to help. This tea is not for everyone.

I like to drink tea less so than when I was aptly reviewing teas. I find that I like less and less of things as I age. I am a somber spirit who prays daily to not be at all. Thank you Steepster for all that you do to enrich tea drinkers.

Leominster, MA