drank Cascadia by The Tao of Tea

Apparently The Tao of Tea has a small line of these teas in birch packaging. Not going to lie — it caught my eye — the lone package of Cascadia mixed in with The Tao of Tea’s usual offerings in metal canisters.

This is made with a Tibetan heirloom variety of barley grown in Oregon and juniper berries. Hint: smoosh those berries in the bag before brewing. One bag for 6 to 8 ounces. I chose boiling water instead of the recommended 200F. I also brew the bag several times, the first for 3-5 minutes, both the second and third for howeverlong. Grounding grain pays no attention to the forgetful mind.

This week has felt like such a blessing. A mellow, warm grainy-sweet and resinous-cool Sunday night cup falls right in with all the doors that have opened. I feel like I’m regaining my sense of intuition. I’ve been out of touch for far too long.

Hope you’re all well.

Flavors: Cedar, Grain, Oily, Resin, Roasted Barley, Soft, Sweet, Tangy, Viscous

ashmanra

I love everything about this. <3

Comments

ashmanra

I love everything about this. <3

Eventual tea farmer. If you are a tea grower, want to grow your own plants or are simply curious, please follow me so we can chat.

I most enjoy loose-leaf, unflavored teas and tisanes. Always on the lookout for teas from countries and regions not commonly known for tea production or those that are not well represented in the western market. I seek these teas to gain an understanding, however vague, of how this plant performs in different climates.

bicycle bicycle bicycle