drank Biarritz by August Uncommon Tea

what was i thinking.

haha.

it’s like kool-aid but nasty.

won’t bother ordering from august uncommon again. we don’t play nice together.

on a more positive note, chinese and spanish classes are done. i’m freeee!

Flavors: Amaretto, Anise, Artificial, Cherry, Fruit Punch, Marzipan, Medicinal, Orange, Rooibos, Sweet, Tangy

CrowKettle

This tea is everything I hate about fruit/rooibos blends. It tastes like cough syrup and is the worst.

Cameron B.

Heh heh, I remember hating this one as well…

gmathis

My tongue is curling into a knot just envisioning it. Happy end’o’smester!

Martin Bednář

Happy for your freedom! Enjoy those few days!

Evol Ving Ness

Hurray for language classes! Well done!

Lexie Aleah

This tea was a big no for me as well! haha Congrats on the language classes!

derk

Thanks, y’all. This definitely tasted like Robitussin last night :(

Comments

CrowKettle

Cameron B.

Heh heh, I remember hating this one as well…

gmathis

My tongue is curling into a knot just envisioning it. Happy end’o’smester!

Martin Bednář

Happy for your freedom! Enjoy those few days!

Evol Ving Ness

Hurray for language classes! Well done!

Lexie Aleah

This tea was a big no for me as well! haha Congrats on the language classes!

derk

Thanks, y’all. This definitely tasted like Robitussin last night :(

If you’re an aspiring or current tea grower, let’s talk! I am slowly beginning a tea farm here in Northern California. Currently growing are young plants pulled from the ground and gifted to me after a visit to Fairhope Tea Plantation in Alabama. The parent plants are sinensis variety from a defunct Lipton research project. I’ve also started seeds from Camellia Forest Nursery in North Carolina. The types include Camellia taliensis, an assamica variety, and 3 sinensis varieties including “Small leaf” “Large leaf” and “Black Sea.” To learn how to process tea into different styles, I plan on traveling to China and Taiwan if/when COVID becomes a relative non-issue. I’m taking Mandarin classes to aid in this journey.

Tea became a hobby and my daily drink of choice some time late in the last decade. My introduction to loose leaf came, following a lone tin of some Tie Guan Yin oolong many years prior, in the form of dumpster-dived Wuyi oolong packets that somebody left upon moving out of an apartment building. From there, my palate expanded to teas from across China and the world. I used to focus more on taste and still harbor the habit, but after trying sheng pu’er, I tend to focus more on how a tea feels in my body. Does it complement my constitution? Does it change my mood or does it enhance my current mindstate? While I may not mention those effects in tea notes, it is what I value most.

Flavored teas are not a favorite but I do drink them intermittently. Drink a variety of teabags at work. Herbal teas/tisanes provide balance. Unfiltered tap water heathen (it’s good here).

One thing I will always love is riding a bicycle.

Sonoma County, California, USA