drank Indian Nimbu by Harney & Sons

Accidental 5-minute steep gave a robust cup, dark, full-bodied and woody-brisk with a very muted muscatel undertone. I feel a little crazy that I’m the only one that seems to have picked up on any muscatel. Some very smooth and gentle malt softens the tingly astringency and tannic edge.

I really enjoy the level of flavoring here. It is not overwhelming. The grapefruit reminds me of Harney’s Paris and Tower of London. The caramel lends to the perception of a touch of dark sweetness. The combination of those two aromas leaves a nose that offers something a little different from the familiarity of Harney’s popular bergamot-flavored black teas. I enjoyed Indian Nimbu even with over-steeping. Kiki, on the other hand, had not a word to say about this tea, even with a properly brewed cup. Thank you for sharing a sample, Cameron B. :)

Flavors: Astringent, Bergamot, Caramel, Citrus Zest, Dark Wood, Grapefruit, Malt, Muscatel, Oak, Tannic

gmathis

Mmmm…I haven’t had his one in years, but it was a favorite early on in my tea life.

Comments

gmathis

Sonoma County, California, USA