drank Rooibos Poire by Lupicia

This green rooibos is really tasty but not quite satisfying? It’s something light-bodied and juicy that I’d want to drink as an iced tea on a scorching hot day. The flavoring is like a mix of juicy yellow pear and Ace perry cider. It also kind of reminds me of both green apple and kiwi Hi-Chew candies. The green rooibos provides some kind of darker undertone that I can’t describe.

Kiki likes it and thinks it definitely tastes like juicy pear. She says it has a tartness to it. “It almost tastes like apple cider but with pears.”

Flavors: Alcohol, Apple, Candy, Fruity, Green Apple, Juicy, Kiwi, Pear, Tart

ashmanra

Green rooibos is quite pleasant to me! Might try this one as I have enjoyed the pear teas I have tried.

Comments

ashmanra

If you’re an aspiring or current tea grower, let’s talk! I am slowly beginning a tea farm here in Northern California. Currently growing are young plants pulled from the ground and gifted to me after a visit to Fairhope Tea Plantation in Alabama. The parent plants are sinensis variety from a defunct Lipton research project. I’ve also started seeds from Camellia Forest Nursery in North Carolina. The types include Camellia taliensis, an assamica variety, and 3 sinensis varieties including “Small leaf” “Large leaf” and “Black Sea.” To learn how to process tea into different styles, I plan on traveling to China and Taiwan if/when COVID becomes a relative non-issue. I’m taking Mandarin classes to aid in this journey.

Tea became a hobby and my daily drink of choice some time late in the last decade. My introduction to loose leaf came, following a lone tin of some Tie Guan Yin oolong many years prior, in the form of dumpster-dived Wuyi oolong packets that somebody left upon moving out of an apartment building. From there, my palate expanded to teas from across China and the world. I used to focus more on taste and still harbor the habit, but after trying sheng pu’er, I tend to focus more on how a tea feels in my body. Does it complement my constitution? Does it change my mood or does it enhance my current mindstate? While I may not mention those effects in tea notes, it is what I value most. Flavored teas are not a favorite but I do drink them intermittently.

One thing I will always love is riding a bicycle.

Sonoma County, California, USA