drank Clover Patch by white2tea

It’s thick. It’s sweet. It’s floral. All qualities I should like on paper.

But.

It’s soapy. It’s alkaline. It’s drying.

I tried. I really did. I made it 3 steeps before having to stop. I looked at the leaves drying in my gaiwan for 2 days after and couldn’t bring myself to try again. I can see why others enjoyed it, namely for its intensely forward sweetness and fragrance, but it’s simply not for me. I came into the session expecting a mineral Wuyi oolong but it’s instead like some kind of bastardized Dancong oolong, which I don’t much care for to begin with. Thanks anyway for the try, White Antlers :) Glad the majority of the bag went to people who can appreciate it.

Flavors: Apricot, Chocolate, Dry Grass, Drying, Floral, Flowers, Fruity, Graham Cracker, Grass, Heavy, Honey, Honeysuckle, Lychee, Marshmallow, Oak, Orange, Perfume, Red Fruits, Smooth, Soap, Sweet, Thick, Tropical

Leafhopper

It’s definitely more like a Dan Cong than a regular Wuyi oolong. Maybe that’s why I liked it?

derk

Maybe so!

Martin Bednář

Hah, and here we see how our tastes differ! I have to re-try it though.

Kawaii433

Ahh if it’s more like Dan Cong, I wouldn’t like it. I have like 10 types of Dan Cong and unfortunately, none of them are for me.

Comments

Leafhopper

derk

Maybe so!

Martin Bednář

Hah, and here we see how our tastes differ! I have to re-try it though.

Kawaii433

Tea became a hobby and my daily drink of choice some time late in the last decade. My introduction to loose leaf came in the form of dumpster-dived Wuyi oolong packets that somebody left upon moving out of an apartment building. From there, my palate expanded to teas from across China and the world. I used to focus more on taste and still harbor the habit, but after trying sheng pu’er, I tend to focus more on how a tea feels in my body. Does it complement my constitution? Does it change my mood or does it enhance my current mindstate? While I may not mention those effects in tea notes, it is what I value most. Flavored teas are not a favorite but I do drink them intermittently.

Sonoma County, California, USA