This wild tea is gloriously bitter. It reminds me of somebody. Beneath the bitter pill exterior there is a world of depth and insight; a powerful, dark and discerning, truth-revealing energy. A sniper skirting the fine line between good and evil with an intensely romantic preference for cherrywood stocks. Listen to some Deftones and it will make sense.

Anybody have a cake they want to sell? This question applies to anybody reading this note in the distant future — message me.

White Antlers

Sell it?! Oh no-I want to date this tea! : )

derk

I’m trying to come up with something witty but failing.

The Essence of Tea

@derk shoot us an email… we’ve got a few here

mrmopar

I double caked this one.

Martin Bednář

Why the tea reminds me myself? Bitter exterior, but dark, discerning (wonderful word btw) and truth-revealing sounds like me.

But if I want tea like that? Not sure, but worth trying :)

ashmanra

I love this review!

White Antlers

That derk…she’s got a way about her. : )

Comments

White Antlers

Sell it?! Oh no-I want to date this tea! : )

derk

I’m trying to come up with something witty but failing.

The Essence of Tea

@derk shoot us an email… we’ve got a few here

mrmopar

I double caked this one.

Martin Bednář

But if I want tea like that? Not sure, but worth trying :)

ashmanra

I love this review!

White Antlers

That derk…she’s got a way about her. : )

If you’re an aspiring or current tea grower, let’s talk! I am slowly beginning a tea farm here in Northern California. Currently growing are young plants pulled from the ground and gifted to me after a visit to Fairhope Tea Plantation in Alabama. The parent plants are sinensis variety from a defunct Lipton research project. I’ve also started seeds from Camellia Forest Nursery in North Carolina. The types include Camellia taliensis, an assamica variety, and 3 sinensis varieties including “Small leaf” “Large leaf” and “Black Sea.” To learn how to process tea into different styles, I plan on traveling to China and Taiwan if/when COVID becomes a relative non-issue. I’m taking Mandarin classes to aid in this journey.

Tea became a hobby and my daily drink of choice some time late in the last decade. My introduction to loose leaf came, following a lone tin of some Tie Guan Yin oolong many years prior, in the form of dumpster-dived Wuyi oolong packets that somebody left upon moving out of an apartment building. From there, my palate expanded to teas from across China and the world. I used to focus more on taste and still harbor the habit, but after trying sheng pu’er, I tend to focus more on how a tea feels in my body. Does it complement my constitution? Does it change my mood or does it enhance my current mindstate? While I may not mention those effects in tea notes, it is what I value most. Flavored teas are not a favorite but I do drink them intermittently.

One thing I will always love is riding a bicycle.

Sonoma County, California, USA