drank Sympa-Tea by Kikoko

This tisane was a San Francisco tea fest freebie from Kikoko, a vendor who makes cannabis infused teas. I didn’t stop by their table since I don’t use cannabis or CBD but they were offering cannabis-free tea tastings. This packaged sample is also cannabis-free for obvious legal reasons. From their website, it looks like Kikoko’s products are available in several dozen San Francisco Bay Area dispensaries.

This Sympa-Tea blend is basically a turmeric ginger chai. The sachet contains very fresh and potent-smelling chunks and granules of roots and spices including ginger, turmeric, orange peel, black pepper, star anise, cinnamon and licorice root. It also contains evaporated cane juice and gum arabic. The aroma and taste are very spicy and bright. I can pick up on every ingredient with ginger, turmeric and black pepper being the most prominent and star anise and cinnamon in the background. The orange peel brings out a bright note and the licorice is subtle on the swallow which is spicy hot! Definitely don’t give this a try if you’re spice averse.

For those that love the spice, Kikoko really nailed the blend and if I didn’t respond adversely to THC, I’d be all over their normal cannabis infused version. Not leaving a formal rating but I give this cannabis-free sample a 90+.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
Mastress Alita

Hmm, I will definitely be making my sample of this as a latte to combat the spice, then! I’m a bonified spice-wuss.

derk

Good call

Comments

Mastress Alita

derk

Good call

Eventual tea farmer. If you are a tea grower, want to grow your own plants or are simply curious, please follow me so we can chat.

I most enjoy loose-leaf, unflavored teas and tisanes. Always on the lookout for teas from countries and regions not commonly known for tea production or those that are not well represented in the western market. I seek these teas to gain an understanding, however vague, of how this plant performs in different climates.

bicycle bicycle bicycle