YS’s Wu Liang sheng is a pleasant and tasty tea with no drawbacks and a bargain price. However, it is not super special that would make me want to buy a cake immediately. I has notes of gasoline, roasted nuts, and apricot pits in the wet leaf aroma, while the empty cup smells of sweet florals and blue grapes. The taste is bitter, grassy, and brothy, with flavours such as green apple, thyme, honey, and tobacco, developing into a cooling sweet aftertaste featuring notes of green bell pepper, resin, and butter. The liquor has a nice thick mouthfeel that is buttery, mouth-watering, and lubricating. In the 0.1$/g category, this is one of the best teas and I think it could hold up to long-term aging very well too.

Flavors: Bitter, Broth, Butter, Earth, Floral, Grapes, Green Apple, Green Bell Peppers, Honey, Resin, Roasted Nuts, Sweet, Thyme, Tobacco

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 6 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

Currently, I am a PhD student at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Ontario. Apart from teas and mathematics, I enjoy sports and traveling, as well as music of all kinds. Connect at https://rateyourmusic.com/~Togo

I have been a fan of green tea for a while and I started exploring other kinds of tea in greater depth only in 2017. I rarely drink blends and generally avoid artificially scented teas. Other than that I try to keep it varied.

My rating description:
100 _ Unforgettable tea, an experience that changes your life.
90 – 100 _ Excellent tea.
80 – 90 _ Very enjoyable, I will buy again.
70 – 80 _ I enjoyed it, but I most likely won’t be buying it again.
60 – 70 _ Decent.
50 – 60 _ Average, forgettable.
40 – 50 _ I didn’t really like the tea, but it is drinkable.
0 – 40 _ I would prefer to avoid the tea.

Waterloo, ON, Canada