drank Safari Oolong Hand-picked by beTeas

The style of processing seems similar to a Dan Cong oolong, although it’s not quite as aromatic. Admittedly, the price is also lower though.

Overall, it has the qualities of Dan Cong oolongs as well. The smell is slightly floral and reminiscent of forest floor, especially the conifer forest kind. The tea is medium bodied with buttery mouthfeel. The taste is round, balanced and quite mineral. There is a decent bitterness and tanginess and the aftertaste is also decently strong with floral and sweet notes. Throughout the session the tea becomes a little more fruity. In particular, I get some dried fruit flavours.

This is the first oolong from Africa for me, but I found it very enjoyable, even though maybe it lacks the complexity of high end oolongs.

Flavors: Bitter, Floral, Forest Floor, Mineral, Raisins, Sweet, Tangy

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 30 sec 6 g 5 OZ / 150 ML

Currently, I am a PhD student at the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Ontario. Apart from teas and mathematics, I enjoy sports and traveling, as well as music of all kinds. Connect at https://rateyourmusic.com/~Togo

I have been a fan of green tea for a while and I started exploring other kinds of tea in greater depth only in 2017. I rarely drink blends and generally avoid artificially scented teas. Other than that I try to keep it varied.

My rating description:
100 _ Unforgettable tea, an experience that changes your life.
90 – 100 _ Excellent tea.
80 – 90 _ Very enjoyable, I will buy again.
70 – 80 _ I enjoyed it, but I most likely won’t be buying it again.
60 – 70 _ Decent.
50 – 60 _ Average, forgettable.
40 – 50 _ I didn’t really like the tea, but it is drinkable.
0 – 40 _ I would prefer to avoid the tea.

Waterloo, ON, Canada