- 5g in 230ml Yixing teapot
- Dry leaf smells divine – sweet fruity with subtle floral tea scent like a white tea
- Rinsed once. Wet leaves smell like clear crystal cavern of delights, fresh and sweet
- First infusion (95˚C, 20s).
- Wet leaf smells a little more spicy and peppery, not as sweet.
- Liquor smells faintly musty (like wet clothes left to dry indoors) and not particularly pleasant. Not much flavour or sweetness – I think I should have steeped for at least 30s.
- Second infusion (96˚C, 1:00)
- Wet leaf smells
- Liquor smells pleasant, sweet comforting herbal like grass jelly or something. Maybe this is the orchid scent??!!
- Cold Brew with the leaves (5 hours) Meh, too astringent.
Flavors: Black Pepper, Herbaceous, Mineral, Musty, Orchid, Spicy