Heavenly Aroma – The scent of the dry leaves is incredible! This tea is closer to a 2nd flush black darjeeling type flavor, and has great depth. I found this for $14.99/100 grams at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K78VZE4?pf_rd_p=d1f45e03-8b73-4c9a-9beb-4819111bef9a&pf_rd_r=EM6C0BS8ABVG84TKMXKY, and I am so glad I ordered this one. It has notes of rose, deep muscatel grapes, and a grapefruit finish. Darjeeling oolong is definitely not a bad idea. I will be trying some more Vahdam teas, for sure.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 13 g 35 OZ / 1035 ML

As a follow-up:
The “high mountain darjeeling oolong” sold at the Vahdam Teas website is apparently not the same variety of tea sold under the same name on Amazon.com. The high mountain darjeeling oolong tea I purchased from the Vahdam website was not nearly as impressive, and tastes more like an ordinarly lower-grade dark formosa oolong. Not entirely bad, but without the heavenly aroma, the rose, the grapes, or the grapefruit finish. Some of the other teas I acquired from their website are top-notch, though. I guess they can’t all be winners.

Keemunlover

Drinking this one again tonight, and the old magic is back. I think my brew was a little off the last time.

Comments

Keemunlover

As a follow-up:

Keemunlover

I was a long-time coffee drinker, having worked at Starbucks coffee for about 10 years. Also had a twice-daily habit of drinking 16 oz sugar-free Rockstar energy beverages to fuel getting me through my two jobs and my college studies. And taking care of my family in between.

One day, I decided I was tired of coffee and I needed to kick my expensive energy drink habit (roughly $3-$4 per day for the Rockstars). Also, I was looking to reduce my caffeine intake. I purchased a nice glass teapot with a french-press-style infuser at my Starbucks, and I bought packets of Keemun and Dianhong tea from World Market (circa 2010 when they offered these).

The Keemun tea was my first love. It blew my mind with its deep plummy fruityness, leathery texture, and lingering heavenly aftertaste. The Dianhong I thought was a solid breakfast tea, but not as nuanced.

I use about 20 grams of tea per day now. 10 grams for a 32-ounce teapot once in the morning and again in the afternoon.

I do not re-steep my leaves. I only want one full-flavored pot of tea with the full kick of caffeine. Out of curiosity, I have experimented in re-steeping various teas and I have found invariably that the tea is just a weaker, unexciting, ghost of its former self after the first steep.

I am mainly looking at teas in the price range of $20-$60 per pound, but I have purchased somewhat more expensive teas (up to around $100/lb) on occasion. My goals are to keep my tea habit well below $90/month (what I had previously been spending on energy drinks) but also to have some really great tea experiences.

Las Vegas, NV