drank Noël à Paris by Dammann Freres

2020 Advent Calendar – Day 22. Finally caught up with this advent calendar! And just in time too. This one smells very much like cough syrup but the almonds show up beautifully in the cup. Thank goodness. It’s still very much about the cherry but the artificial medicinal cherry flavoring disappears and I get this almondy, cherry pie. I get some “pain d’epice” vibe from it but I can’t say that I can pick out the individual winter-ish spices.

It would have been a great Thanksgiving morning tea to put you in the mood for a fun day of cooking and a hint at desserts to come. It did go down easy (and fast)

Flavors: Almond, Cherry, Marzipan, Overripe Cherries, Spices

I started drinking tea 5 years ago when a friend introduced me to flavored black teas. Since then, I have developed a bit of a tea addiction. I never want to be without the teas I love, but I’m perpetually compelled to try new ones… I’ve never been a collector of anything, but it seems I do have a tea problem. Still, I work as a web designer and digital marketing specialist so I always have a tea cup by my side to keep me happy as I stare at my screen all day.

Being French and living in the US, I started with French tea companies like Mariage Freres, Dammann Freres, Kusmi, Nina’s and TheOdor (it has been a way for me to stay connected to my roots), but I’d love to find tea companies I love as much on this side of the Atlantic.

I love dessert teas. All kinds of dessert teas. Although most of my favorites are black teas, I love a few green teas, oolongs, green rooibos (I dislike regular rooibos) and I’m always searching for an infusion I can drink at night. So far, I have found very few fruit teas or herbal teas I love, but I’m still looking.

In terms of flavors, I adore almond, pistachio, biscuit, nutty types, as well as caramel, cream, cake, vanilla, toffee, chocolate, and cookies. For me, it’s all about drinking my dessert!!! I also like fruity teas like peach, melon, mango, raspberry, strawberry, figs, and even grapefruit flavored teas. I like it all except for lemon. I also love black licorice candy so licorice tea works for me.

I am discovering more floral teas and testing the waters there, but I don’t care for earl greys or chai. I have not expanded into unflavored teas yet but maybe one day.

For full disclosure I usually add a little bit of stevia to my teas.

North Carolina, USA