Day 6 of the 2020 Dammann Freres Advent calendar. I tried this tea a couple of years ago, but I had completely forgotten that I liked this tea! So it was a delightful surprise to smell the orange and spices when I opened the little packet this morning. The scent was so Christmasy on this cold gray rainy day, it cheered me up. And once brewed it was just as lovely.The orange and spices are well balanced for my taste and the cinnamon doesn’t overpower the nutmeg and cloves. The perfect cup to sip as you decorate the Christmas tree… I definitely enjoyed it! it reminded me of my childhood’s Pain d’epices with an orange twist.

It’s too bad you can’t buy it in 50 gr increments. I can’t imagine drinking this tea outside of the month of December, but I would love to have a little bit of it then. I might have to find someone to split it with next year, so I can enjoy it.

Cameron B.

A few of us have been talking about doing a group order sometime next year, so I’ll keep you in mind!

Comments

Cameron B.

I started drinking tea 5 years ago when a friend introduced me to flavored black teas. Since then, I have developed a bit of a tea addiction. I never want to be without the teas I love, but I’m perpetually compelled to try new ones… I’ve never been a collector of anything, but it seems I do have a tea problem. Still, I work as a web designer and digital marketing specialist so I always have a tea cup by my side to keep me happy as I stare at my screen all day.

Being French and living in the US, I started with French tea companies like Mariage Freres, Dammann Freres, Kusmi, Nina’s and TheOdor (it has been a way for me to stay connected to my roots), but I’d love to find tea companies I love as much on this side of the Atlantic.

I love dessert teas. All kinds of dessert teas. Although most of my favorites are black teas, I love a few green teas, oolongs, green rooibos (I dislike regular rooibos) and I’m always searching for an infusion I can drink at night. So far, I have found very few fruit teas or herbal teas I love, but I’m still looking.

In terms of flavors, I adore almond, pistachio, biscuit, nutty types, as well as caramel, cream, cake, vanilla, toffee, chocolate, and cookies. For me, it’s all about drinking my dessert!!! I also like fruity teas like peach, melon, mango, raspberry, strawberry, figs, and even grapefruit flavored teas. I like it all except for lemon. I also love black licorice candy so licorice tea works for me.

I am discovering more floral teas and testing the waters there, but I don’t care for earl greys or chai. I have not expanded into unflavored teas yet but maybe one day.

For full disclosure I usually add a little bit of stevia to my teas.

North Carolina, USA