Oh my goodness, how I love this tea! Such a delicious dessert tea; it’s beautiful to look at with its flowers and it smells so good. Brewed at 195, it’s almondy pastry or cookie mixed with poppy candy. It’s fruity/raspberry-ish, and floral, and has that almond/marzipan taste I love so much in dessert teas.

I think if I had to give a Dammann Freres tea as a gift to someone who is not that into tea, this one would be one of my top 5 if they had a sweet tooth. I can’t imagine them not loving the taste of a raspberry tartelette on an almond butter crust in a cup!

ashmanra

This was one of the first teas I ever received in a swap from teaequalsbliss and I loved it so much that my daughter bought it for my birthday that year! It really was an amazing tea.

EmmaM

Such a sweet thing for your daughter to do! It’s teas like this that motivated me to give tea a try. All the deliciousness of a dessert without all the calories, :p Eventually, I’d love to learn to love the natural teas, but my palate is just not there yet. I still want my pastry in a cup at this stage.

lizwykys

ooh, adding to my wishlist for my next order!

EmmaM

I hope I’m not over selling it, but it’s such an easy one to love, I hope it’s a hit for you :)

tea-sipper

EmmaM – I drank this today because of your tasting note. It turned out pretty much how I remember it. You love it more than I do. haha. :D

tea-sipper

*Meaning I pulled it out of my stash to revisit because of your fantastic note about it.

EmmaM

Oh no, I’m so sorry. Lol. But at least I’m glad you reconfirmed your thoughts. I’m probably an easy customer when it comes to dessert teas :)

lizwykys

I’m partial to Dammann Freres, anyway; they seem to hit my sweet spot a lot. :)

Comments

ashmanra

lizwykys

ooh, adding to my wishlist for my next order!

lizwykys

I’m partial to Dammann Freres, anyway; they seem to hit my sweet spot a lot. :)

I started drinking tea 5 years ago when a friend introduced me to flavored black teas. Since then, I have developed a bit of a tea addiction. I never want to be without the teas I love, but I’m perpetually compelled to try new ones… I’ve never been a collector of anything, but it seems I do have a tea problem. Still, I work as a web designer and digital marketing specialist so I always have a tea cup by my side to keep me happy as I stare at my screen all day.

Being French and living in the US, I started with French tea companies like Mariage Freres, Dammann Freres, Kusmi, Nina’s and TheOdor (it has been a way for me to stay connected to my roots), but I’d love to find tea companies I love as much on this side of the Atlantic.

I love dessert teas. All kinds of dessert teas. Although most of my favorites are black teas, I love a few green teas, oolongs, green rooibos (I dislike regular rooibos) and I’m always searching for an infusion I can drink at night. So far, I have found very few fruit teas or herbal teas I love, but I’m still looking.

In terms of flavors, I adore almond, pistachio, biscuit, nutty types, as well as caramel, cream, cake, vanilla, toffee, chocolate, and cookies. For me, it’s all about drinking my dessert!!! I also like fruity teas like peach, melon, mango, raspberry, strawberry, figs, and even grapefruit flavored teas. I like it all except for lemon. I also love black licorice candy so licorice tea works for me.

I am discovering more floral teas and testing the waters there, but I don’t care for earl greys or chai. I have not expanded into unflavored teas yet but maybe one day.

For full disclosure I usually add a little bit of stevia to my teas.

North Carolina, USA