drank Cozy Cuppa Honeybush by 52teas

September 2021 Tea

This lives up to its namesake and some pretty sweet ingredients (haha..ha). I’m a big fan of the maple, vanilla, and nutmeg here. It’s a super indulgent and satisfying cup and I’m sad that I’m so close to finishing it up (will save it for that American Thanksgiving sipdown theme). Also, 52teas once again shows me that honeybush & rooibos don’t necessarily need to be on my “avoid” list. “No Caffeine” evenings could be fun (if it was always hosted by 52teas).

Taken with milk (maple teas always get the milk).

Flavors: Cinnamon, Maple Syrup, Nutmeg, Vanilla

gmathis

Honeybush blends really nicely with pastry-ish and ice cream-ish flavors.

Hear, hear!

52Teas

This is definitely one of my favorite honeybush blends I’ve ever created.

CrowKettle

Oh, yeah.. travelling down memory lane I remember absolutely loving Lemon Cream Cheese Danish Honeybush (wish I’d bought extra) and greatly enjoying Raspberry Almond Cookie (still hoarding this). This one is up there among my favourites too :)

Never got the chance to try ice-cream-ish honeybush flavours but can imagine the magical chemistry (and longingly pine).

Evol Ving Ness

The Walter Bishop whatever whatever was pretty great too. There have been many, actually. I need to get back into the groove of drinking my non-caffeinated blends.

tea-sipper

Yep, if anyone can do honeybush/rooibos blends, it’s 52Teas!

Comments

gmathis

Honeybush blends really nicely with pastry-ish and ice cream-ish flavors.

Hear, hear!

52Teas

This is definitely one of my favorite honeybush blends I’ve ever created.

CrowKettle

tea-sipper

Yep, if anyone can do honeybush/rooibos blends, it’s 52Teas!

My favourites are teas like Milk Oolong, Silver Needle,and Japanese Sencha/Gyokuro, or fruity and floral flavoured ones. However, I generally enjoy ALL the teas, including a good old cup of Earl Grey or Breakfast blend.

FAVOURITE INGREDIENTS/NOTES:

DESSERT FLAVOURS
Vanilla, Maple, Caramel, Butterscotch, Cream, Toffee, Nougat, Marzipan, Butter

FRUIT & BERRIES
Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry, Banana, Melon, Pineapple, Persimmon, Rhubarb, Passionfruit..

CITRUS
Lime, Grapefruit, Lemon, Bergamot, Yuzu (orange is a hit or miss)

SPICES
Ginger, Turmeric, Clove-forward chai

AROMATIC & HERBACEOUS NOTES
Musky, “Fresh,” and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Juniper, Eucalyptus, Mints

FLORALS
Lavender, Jasmine, Rose, Lilac, Violet, etc. ALL the flowers!

VEGGIE/GRAIN NOTES
Spinach, Grass, Hay, Cucumber, Rice, Sweet Potato

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:
Stevia, Apple, Cocoa Nib, Almond, Licorice, Cinnamon-forward blends, Chinese Sencha

Subjective Rating System:
I don’t give a lot of low ratings out, since a) I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me, and b) I don’t have a lot of strong dislikes.

90-100: Favourites. The Desert Island Teas.
80-89: Loved teas. Possibly staple-worthy.
70-79: Good teas, but I’m less likely to repurchase. Minor quibbles.
60-69: Ok teas. Likely a few preference and/or quality issues.
50-59: Cup of meh. Will do in a pinch.
11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea.
1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, an unholy abomination. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

BC, Canada