April 2021 Reblend Tea

I missed this one the first time around and my life was likely less fulfilled because of it. Why? Because this is a mango tea I finally enjoy. Maybe it’s the coconut compliment (an ingredient I no longer love as much as I used to). Maybe it’s that this tea attempts to imitate mango flavoured rice instead of an actual fresh, juicy mango – an object that is so full of delight, wonder, and magic sparkles that nothing can hope to compare to it (only my love of birbs tops my love of the great mango). I don’t know, except that I like it quite a bit and came on here after a long hiatus because of it.

So not bad, I guess.

Steep Count: 3 (2min, 3min, 6min)

Flavors: Coconut, Mango, Nutty, Toasted Rice, Vegetal

tea-sipper

Welcome back! :D

Comments

tea-sipper

Welcome back! :D

Favourite Flavours/Ingredients:

-Vanilla, Maple, Caramel, Cream, Toffee, Nougat, Marzipan
-All Citrus: Lime, Grapefruit, Lemon, Bergamot, Orange, Yuzu
-Anise, but not licorice
-Ginger or Clove-forward chai
-Rosemary
-Grassy, Marine, Vegetal, or Nutty Green teas
-Florals: Rose, Lavender, Jasmine, etc.
-Musky and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Eucalyptus
-Berries: Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry
-Bananas, and most fruits actually.

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:

-Stevia and most sweetners
-Cinnamon-forward chai/blends
-Apple & Cranberries
-Mango pieces (love mango outside of tea though)
-Coconut pieces (as a sub/filler ingredient)
-Metallic or overly artificial teas
-Cocoa Nibs, 95% of the time.

Subjective Rating System 3.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. I’ll impulsively buy in large quantities and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. I’ll try to keep this one around when it’s practical.

76-84: A good tea, but not one I’m likely to order again.

70-75: Alright, but I may have a few problems with quality, consistency, ingredient chemistry, or personal preferences.

50-69: Average to mediocre cup.

11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea. I don’t give a lot of these ratings out, since I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me.

1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, the unholy abomination that is a chimera. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

BC, Canada