Oh, FML. Writing a bogus Formal Recommendation Report for a situation and person that aren’t real. Please send me back to the department of History, where papers make orderly sense (Ok, Legal Admin is alright and practical, but this req Professional Communications academia class is dreadful).

I’m not sure if I should sleep and feel rested for my early morning exam and the brunt of the paper writing tomorrow, or if I should pull an all-nighter in the hopes that I can finish it in the next 9hrs.. I’m too old for this.

Either way, this tea shall be my friend. Hello, tea (this is what sleep deprivation looks like and it is not positively correlated with work productivity).

Steep count: 2

(2017 spring harvest)

Flavors: Butter, Rice

gmathis

I had a college Business Communications (same content, antique name) class that I despised. Prof went strictly by the answer key—if your recommendation, business plan, etc. varied, no matter how well constructed, forget it. May your words be wise!

Fjellrev

The thought of that just makes me shudder. I hope your exam went well today!

CrowKettle

My prof isn’t in that league of bad, but unfortunately it didn’t make it much less painful to write. Oh, well. Soon it will be a distant memory!

Thanks, Fjellrev! :)

Comments

gmathis

Fjellrev

The thought of that just makes me shudder. I hope your exam went well today!

CrowKettle

Thanks, Fjellrev! :)

My favourites are teas like Milk Oolong, Silver Needle,and Japanese Sencha/Gyokuro, but I generally enjoy ALL the tea, including flavoured blends and a good ol’ cup of Earl Grey.

Subjective Rating System 4.0:
I don’t give a lot of low ratings out, since I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me.

90-100: Exceptional and all-time favourite teas. I struggle between hoarding these like a dragon and consuming them like a poorly adjusted black hole.

80-89: Favourite teas (usually flavoured) that I try to keep around when possible.

70-79: Good teas that I’ll happily drink up, but with minor issues.

60-69: Ok teas, but I may have a few problems with quality, consistency, ingredient chemistry, and/or personal preferences.

50-59: Average to mediocre cup. Personal preference issues are apparent but still drinkable.

11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea.

1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, an unholy abomination. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

FAVOURITE INGREDIENTS/NOTES:

DESSERT FLAVOURS
Vanilla, Maple, Caramel, Butterscotch, Cream, Toffee, Nougat, Marzipan, Butter

FRUIT & BERRIES
Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry, Banana, Melon, Pineapple, Persimmon, Rhubarb, Passionfruit

CITRUS
Lime, Grapefruit, Lemon, Bergamot, Yuzu (orange is a hit or miss)

SPICES
Anise (but not licorice), Ginger, Clove-forward chai

AROMATIC & HERBACEOUS NOTES
Musky, “Fresh,” and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Juniper Eucalyptus, Mints

FLORALS
Lavender, Jasmine, Rose, Lilac, Violet, etc. ALL the flowers!

VEGGIE/GRAIN NOTES
Spinach, Grass, Hay, Cucumber, Rice, Sweet Potato

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:

- Stevia and most sweeteners
- Cinnamon-forward blends
- Prunes
- Dark Roasts (oolong)
- Orange (if it’s a creamsicle)
- Mango pieces (love mango outside of tea though)
- Cocoa Nibs, 95% of the time.

BC, Canada