Look how quickly I move from Halloween to Christmas!

I’m picking up hibiscus, apple, citrus, vanilla, and something that could be marzipan or a combination of almonds and vanilla. It could even be the sultanas (grapes)! Zesty notes creep into the finish and then mellow out into a vanilla soup. It’s quite tart, and a couple sips is enough to make my mouth pucker.

I wasn’t expecting to enjoy this one as much as I do. It’s a crazy fruit blend, reminiscent of David’s Kanpe tea (that had cinnamon, fruits, and hibiscus). I enjoyed mixing the Kanpe with frozen pink lemonade but I don’t know if that would work here due to the stronger notes of vanilla sweets. Maybe it would work better.

BrewTEAlly Sweet

I can’t wait to bake stollen for the holidays, reminds me of my family overseas:/

OMGsrsly

My Christmas stollen is about to have an ‘accident’. Would you like me to include it in the box I’m sending? :)

CrowKettle

I have no problem with drinking more of this tea. It’s not something I’ll ever buy again but it’s easy. :)

OMGsrsly

Awesome! PS. Spiced fig smells similar, but no hibiscus. I hope it gives me the flavour I’m looking for. :)

BrewTEAlly Sweet

Would you please?! That would be awesome!

Comments

BrewTEAlly Sweet

CrowKettle

BrewTEAlly Sweet

Would you please?! That would be awesome!

Favourite Flavours/Ingredients:

-Vanilla, Maple, Caramel, Cream, Toffee, Nougat, Marzipan
-All Citrus: Lime, Grapefruit, Lemon, Bergamot, Orange, Yuzu
-Anise, but not licorice
-Ginger or Clove-forward chai
-Rosemary
-Grassy, Marine, Vegetal, or Nutty Green teas
-Florals: Rose, Lavender, Jasmine, etc.
-Musky and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Eucalyptus
-Berries: Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry
-Bananas, and most fruits actually.

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:

-Stevia and most sweetners
-Cinnamon-forward chai/blends
-Apple & Cranberries
-Mango pieces (love mango outside of tea though)
-Coconut pieces (as a sub/filler ingredient)
-Metallic or overly artificial teas
-Cocoa Nibs, 95% of the time.

Subjective Rating System 3.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. I’ll impulsively buy in large quantities and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. I’ll try to keep this one around when it’s practical.

76-84: A good tea, but not one I’m likely to order again.

70-75: Alright, but I may have a few problems with quality, consistency, ingredient chemistry, or personal preferences.

50-69: Average to mediocre cup.

11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea. I don’t give a lot of these ratings out, since I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me.

1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, the unholy abomination that is a chimera. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

BC, Canada