drank Birthday Cake by Butiki Teas

Thank you for the lovely test samples, Stacy! It felt like it my birthday yesterday, after I received my individually wrapped sample parcel, and it seemed fitting to drink this one first.

The name of this herbal should’ve clued me in, but I wasn’t expecting it to be so sweet and honeyed. It tastes like sweet sponge cake- light and fluffy, with an alluded cream filling. Marshmallow flavour lingers as an aftertaste, and is veined with vanilla notes, a light vegetal tone, and a gentle saltiness. The now empty cup smells strongly of marshmallows.

Despite the lightness of the flavours, I find this cup to be rich and filling. This is enough cake for me to step into the role of “dessert”. That it’s herbal makes it a perfect substitute for a late night treat.

Also, add this onto the list of teas and tisanes that taste amazing once they’ve cooled down a bit. It’s up there with the Pistachio Ice Cream tea I polished off yesterday.

Chizakura

I’m so excited to try this, I can’t even explain it. Butiki has the BEST flavors, and as you said the fact that this is an herbal is even better. I find once it’s nighttime, I want something sweet, and this just seems so perfect. Super excited for this to be on the website. :D

Alysha

Lucky you! This sounds so delicious! I’m guessing it’s not available yet?

CrowKettle

It doesn’t appear to be yet. I’m not sure what the plans are for this herbal but I hope to see it around soon; I don’t have enough fun tisanes for late evenings. :)

OMGsrsly

I need to buy a lot of this one once it’s available. A lot.

Plunkybug

Kris, is this in our sample extras from our order? I’m drooling and want to try this now.

OMGsrsly

Yes it is! I’m waiting for it to go on the website, and then I’m going to make an order. ahem

Butiki Teas

OMGsrsly-Unfortunately, it probably won’t be up for 2 weeks. Right now, I’m focusing on preparing to shut the company down for 6 days since I’m going on vacation. Then when I get back there will be backlog when we open back up. We have already been selling the Birthday Cake. If you would like to purchase some in advance, just purchase something of equal value and email me to swap out that tea for Birthday Cake. Here are the prices:
10 grams (19 servings) $3.50
20 grams (38 servings) $6.50
40 grams (76 servings) $12.00
80 grams (152 servings) $19.75

*The price/cost is in the flavoring. Since the herbal is so fluffy, it takes a lot of flavoring to cover the herbal.

Comments

Chizakura

Alysha

Lucky you! This sounds so delicious! I’m guessing it’s not available yet?

CrowKettle

OMGsrsly

I need to buy a lot of this one once it’s available. A lot.

Plunkybug

-Anise, but not licorice
-Ginger or Clove-forward chai
-Rosemary
-Grass/Marine/Vegetal/Nutty Green teas
-Florals: Rose, Lavender, Jasmine…
-Musky and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Eucalyptus
-Berries: Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry
-Bananas, and most fruits actually.

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:

-Stevia and most sweetners
-Cinnamon-forward chai/blends
-Apple & Cranberries
-Mango pieces (love mango outside of tea though)
-Coconut pieces (as a sub/filler ingredient)
-Metallic or overly artificial teas
-Cocoa Nibs, 95% of the time.

Subjective Rating System 3.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. I’ll impulsively buy in large quantities and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. I’ll try to keep this one around when it’s practical.

76-84: A good tea, but not one I’m likely to order again.

70-75: Alright, but I may have a few problems with quality, consistency, ingredient chemistry and/or personal preferences.

50-69: Average to mediocre cup.

11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea. I don’t give a lot of these ratings out, since I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me.

1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, the unholy abomination that is a chimera. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

BC, Canada