This sample was from a swap with Cavocorax. This is only my second time trying Darjeeling but I think I may like this stuff a lot.

The dry leaves smelled of honey and malt, and the cup tastes of smooth, bright honey, malt, and “summer woods”. I ate some Greek honey yogurt right before drinking the tea, so the honey may be enhanced and the briskness toned down to an afterthought in this particular cup. Or maybe the tea is enhancing the honey from the yogurt. Either way, creamy yogurt and this cup seem to be good companions.

Darjeeling usually smells a little of hay to me, in all the times I’ve sniffed the stuff in stores, but today it’s not that strong in this one. It’s still there but not blatantly obvious. Maybe that’s the yogurt again. Super tasty stuff, anyways.

side note: The David’s Tea sample packet that the tea was in said to steep this for five minutes but I’m too much of a weakling for that and steeped it a minute under. I also dumped the whole packet into a 24oz pot and filled it right to the top. Messy, imprecise prep.

Favourite Flavours/Ingredients:

-Vanilla, Maple, Caramel, Cream, Toffee, Nougat, Marzipan
-All Citrus: Lime, Grapefruit, Lemon, Bergamot, Orange, Yuzu
-Anise, but not licorice
-Ginger or Clove-forward chai
-Rosemary
-Grassy, Marine, Vegetal, or Nutty Green teas
-Florals: Rose, Lavender, Jasmine, etc.
-Musky and/or Woody Incense-like stuff: Sandalwood, Frankincense, Eucalyptus
-Berries: Blackberry, Raspberry, Currants, Blueberry, Elderberry
-Bananas, and most fruits actually.

Less Preferred Flavours/Ingredients:

-Stevia and most sweetners
-Cinnamon-forward chai/blends
-Apple & Cranberries
-Mango pieces (love mango outside of tea though)
-Coconut pieces (as a sub/filler ingredient)
-Metallic or overly artificial teas
-Cocoa Nibs, 95% of the time.

Subjective Rating System 3.0:

90-100: My absolute favourite tea. I’ll impulsively buy in large quantities and hoard like a dragon.

85-89: A favourite tea. I’ll try to keep this one around when it’s practical.

76-84: A good tea, but not one I’m likely to order again.

70-75: Alright, but I may have a few problems with quality, consistency, ingredient chemistry, or personal preferences.

50-69: Average to mediocre cup.

11-49: Varying levels of undrinkable tea. I don’t give a lot of these ratings out, since I tend to grab tea I know will appeal to me.

1-10: Nightmare tea from the chaos realms. This tea is the embodiment of the primordial swamp, the unholy abomination that is a chimera. It’s very gross and I’m almost positive it doesn’t exist.

BC, Canada