drank Genmaicha by Kyoto Obubu Tea Farms

2021 sipdown no. 78

Almost done these teas from Cameron!

This one is a delightful genmaicha. I always enjoy genmaicha, but certainly don’t drink enough of it to comment any more than that I enjoy it. I actually added a touch of marshmallow root just because.

I’ll resteep for a second steep as well.

175 °F / 79 °C 2 min, 0 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 414 ML
AJRimmer

Where do you buy your marshmallow root? I was thinking about ordering some for this purpose!

Courtney

I actually ordered some from iHerb (quite a while ago now), but here is the link: https://ca.iherb.com/pr/Frontier-Natural-Products-Cut-Sifted-Marshmallow-Root-16-oz-453-g/31011

Cameron B.

Almost done?! Time to send you some new ones! XD

Comments

AJRimmer

Courtney

Cameron B.

Almost done?! Time to send you some new ones! XD

My partner and I live with our bunnies and cat. I’m currently working on my MSc in biology and enjoying tea along the way!

I love black tea and this is usually what’s in my mug.

I’m also happy to enjoy a cup of green or red rooibos (green preferable to red), herbals, oolongs (unroasted and red preferable to roasted), whites, and subtly flavoured greens.

Likes:
Raspberry, peach, rhubarb, passionfruit, and most fruits in general, maple, creaminess, hay, biscuit, lavender, and cacao/dark chocolate.

I enjoy bergamot when paired with flavours that mellow it (Camellia Sinensis Earl Grey Cream is one of my favourites).

Dislikes:
Any smokiness at all, stevia, too much blackberry leaf, rose, ginger (except in chai), cinnamon-heavy teas, anything cloying or fake/candy-like.

I’m vegan with an allergy to potatoes, so I avoid any animal products in tea, along with sprinkles as these often have potato starch (I usually just pick them out of blends).

Last updated December 2021.

Canada