2021 sipdown no. 61

This is a bit of a sad sipdown because this tea exceeded my expectations. I really wasn’t sure how the chai spices would be against the hojicha base and never really felt in the right mood for this tea.

I was truly mistaken. This chai is really amazing. I feel the hojicha base adds so much to this blend, and I may possibly prefer it over a black base. The light yet deep roastiness of the base complements the spices so nicely. The spices have a great balance where no one spice overshadows the others. There’s also a sweetness here that isn’t cloying at all and while I’m not completely sure where it comes from, it’s welcome.

Thanks to Cameron for sharing another wonderful tea!

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 414 ML
Cameron B.

I have plenty to share, so I’ll have to remember to send you some more in our next swap!