Another tea I always sort of thought was smoky and generally avoided (unless it was used as a base tea somewhere along the way and not identified). The leaves are the cutest mini curls!

Hmm. It’s not my favourite. It has hints of maltiness, but with a coppery-ness that I don’t prefer. The Lapsang Souchong had this too, but less in my mind, because I remember not being overly bothered by it. This tea comes off more savoury. Yes, savoury is the key word here. As I sip this cuppa, the coppery flavour falls a bit more to the background and more savoury-ness comes forward, but nothing in particular. It kind of feels like I’m drinking a veg broth. A high quality veg broth haha!

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 14 OZ / 414 ML

My partner and I live with our bunnies and cat. I’m currently working on my MSc in biology and enjoying tea along the way!

I love black tea and this is usually what’s in my mug.

I’m also happy to enjoy a cup of green or red rooibos (green preferable to red), herbals, oolongs (unroasted and red preferable to roasted), whites, and subtly flavoured greens.

Likes:
Raspberry, peach, rhubarb, passionfruit, and most fruits in general, maple, creaminess, hay, biscuit, lavender, and cacao/dark chocolate.

I enjoy bergamot when paired with flavours that mellow it (Camellia Sinensis Earl Grey Cream is one of my favourites).

Dislikes:
Any smokiness at all, stevia, too much blackberry leaf, rose, ginger (except in chai), cinnamon-heavy teas, anything cloying or fake/candy-like.

I’m vegan with an allergy to potatoes, so I avoid any animal products in tea, along with sprinkles as these often have potato starch (I usually just pick them out of blends).

Last updated December 2021.

Canada