drank Pika Brew by Tea Hippie

The base tea from Tea Hippie is alright. A different base or higher quality one may do their teas some favours.

There were no lemon chocolate drops in this sample, so I didn’t have to pick those out. However, there is a subtle hint of lemon here with what seems to be an ever so slight baked note? Maybe like the scent of a lemon tart baking from the neighbour’s house.

I don’t know that I’ve had a lemon dessert tea, so I’m excited to be able to try one, and honestly, I do enjoy it, I just wish the flavours were ever so slightly more.

Random aside: I had a queasy stomach after drinking the vanilla tea from TH, and I have it a little bit now. I initially chalked it up to not being the tea, but now I am starting to wonder. I’ll have to remember the next time I try one of their teas with vanilla.

200 °F / 93 °C 2 min, 30 sec 14 OZ / 414 ML

My partner and I live with our bunnies: Callie and Ben, and cats: Freyja and Ivan. I’m currently working on my MSc in biology and enjoying tea along the way!

I love black tea and this is usually what’s in my mug.

I’m also happy to enjoy a cup of green or red rooibos (green preferable to red), herbals, oolongs (unroasted and red preferable to roasted), whites, and subtly flavoured greens.

Likes:
Raspberry, peach, rhubarb, passionfruit, and most fruits in general, maple, creaminess, hay, biscuit, lavender, and cacao/dark chocolate.

I enjoy bergamot when paired with flavours that mellow it (Camellia Sinensis Earl Grey Cream is one of my favourites).

Dislikes:
Any smokiness at all, stevia, too much blackberry leaf, rose, ginger (except in chai), cinnamon-heavy teas, anything cloying or fake/candy-like.

I’m vegan with an allergy to potatoes, so I avoid any animal products in tea, along with sprinkles as these often have potato starch (I usually just pick them out of blends).

Last updated December 2021.

Canada