drank Mr. Frosty by Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Bird & Blend Advent Day 6 (6-December 2020)

Lex and I are in agreement with amandastory516 and Martin here: the dry tea smells like mustard. Bizarre.

The tea goes a lovely blue colour from the pea flowers here, which is always fun. The spearmint is the most prominent flavour to me, but it’s actually quite subtle. There’s perhaps a hint of jasmine? I can’t say for sure. The stevia is thankfully not really present in the taste — phew!

We both feel kind of meh about this tea. I think we can both safely say this one is sadly not enjoyable. However, I do like the fun colour!

On the plus side, I made espresso rye toast with lingonberry jam and blueberry chocolate jam. All these jam advents got me like.

Cameron B.

This seems like mostly a gimmick tea based on the description…

And YAASSS jam, I love lingonberry! Is the blueberry chocolate one a spread like Nutella? I am intrigued.

Here it is: https://www.enjoyworthy.com/product/chocolate-blueberry-jam

Lingonberry is so good! I have it on so many things haha!

Cameron B.

Oh wow it’s blueberry with a hint of cocoa, THAT SOUNDS SO GOOD!

Cameron B.

In fact all of these sound amazing, I wonder if they ship to the US…

Courtney

It is actually amazing. I’m so happy we grabbed it on whim. I think they might — I went to check out and the I had to change the country from the US to Canada haha!

$25 for shipping… T.T

Oh no! :(

Lexie Aleah

This recipe could probably be made with only blueberries and you could try coconut oil instead of butter. http://www.alwaysorderdessert.com/2014/02/mixed-berry-cocoa-jam.html

Cormorants

How interesting that you picked up on a mustard scent! I got a hotdog scent and flavour out of this that I just couldn’t explain – but reading this makes me feel a little less crazy, and it’s definitely got that zingy tanginess of mustard in there. It’s a strange relief to finally put one’s finger on something so unexpected. Thanks for sharing your tasting note; I really thought my experience was a random anomaly!

Comments

Cameron B.

This seems like mostly a gimmick tea based on the description…

Here it is: https://www.enjoyworthy.com/product/chocolate-blueberry-jam

Lingonberry is so good! I have it on so many things haha!

Cameron B.

Oh wow it’s blueberry with a hint of cocoa, THAT SOUNDS SO GOOD!

Cameron B.

In fact all of these sound amazing, I wonder if they ship to the US…

$25 for shipping… T.T

Oh no! :(

Lexie Aleah

Cormorants

My partner and I live with our bunnies: Callie and Ben, and cats: Freyja and Ivan. I’m currently working on my MSc in biology and enjoying tea along the way!

I love black tea and this is usually what’s in my mug.

I’m also happy to enjoy a cup of green or red rooibos (green preferable to red), herbals, oolongs (unroasted and red preferable to roasted), whites, and subtly flavoured greens.

Likes:
Raspberry, peach, rhubarb, passionfruit, and most fruits in general, maple, creaminess, hay, biscuit, lavender, and cacao/dark chocolate.

I enjoy bergamot when paired with flavours that mellow it (Camellia Sinensis Earl Grey Cream is one of my favourites).

Dislikes:
Any smokiness at all, stevia, too much blackberry leaf, rose, ginger (except in chai), cinnamon-heavy teas, anything cloying or fake/candy-like.

I’m vegan with an allergy to potatoes, so I avoid any animal products in tea, along with sprinkles as these often have potato starch (I usually just pick them out of blends).

Last updated December 2021.

Canada