Enjoying this with my girl, in our beautiful teapot.

1st steep of 1 minute: almost smelling cinnamon from cup. Very light, sweet flavour. Very subtle flavour with short steep time.

2nd steep of 1 minute 45 seconds: roasty oolong scent, delicious. Slightly deeper flavour, not quite as light, but still light for drinking.

3rd steep of 3 minutes: roastier still and even more delicious. This may be my favourite steep.

Taiwan Tea Crafts is just amazing. I have so many black and oolong teas from them that I haven’t even opened yet, but already I want to place another order. I can’t say enough good about them!

esp love the “buy samples, get to 25$ and get free shipping”

Comments

esp love the “buy samples, get to 25$ and get free shipping”

My partner and I live with our bunnies: Callie and Ben, and cats: Freyja and Ivan. I’m currently working on my MSc in biology and enjoying tea along the way!

I love black tea and this is usually what’s in my mug.

I’m also happy to enjoy a cup of green or red rooibos (green preferable to red), herbals, oolongs (unroasted and red preferable to roasted), whites, and subtly flavoured greens.

Likes:
Raspberry, peach, rhubarb, passionfruit, and most fruits in general, maple, creaminess, hay, biscuit, lavender, and cacao/dark chocolate.

I enjoy bergamot when paired with flavours that mellow it (Camellia Sinensis Earl Grey Cream is one of my favourites).

Dislikes:
Any smokiness at all, stevia, too much blackberry leaf, rose, ginger (except in chai), cinnamon-heavy teas, anything cloying or fake/candy-like.

I’m vegan with an allergy to potatoes, so I avoid any animal products in tea, along with sprinkles as these often have potato starch (I usually just pick them out of blends).

Last updated December 2021.

Canada