drank Unknown Samples by Various

A few years ago, a friend I gained from working in the yoga studio went to China and brought me back this oolong. It’s been unopened in my cupboard ever since.

I have been just craving and oolong to resteep and resteep all afternoon at my desk. I was on the Taiwan Tea Crafts website for far too many hours attempting to build the perfect oolong cart, when I finally gave in and emailed for help. Did you guys know how awesome TTC is for information? I received an email back very promptly – the next day (time differences), with significant information in order to place my order. Yay for new teas!

I’m on my second short steep of this (30 seconds first steep, 1 minute second steep). As far as this tea, it’s tasty, with that mineral-y taste I can pick up from some oolongs. The mineral-y isn’t my personal favourite, but I can appreciate it. It’s about mid-way oxidized, solely judging from the colour and that was perfect for my mood today. Not too close to green, not too roasty. Overall a nice, but not extraordinary oolong.

I love black tea and this is usually what’s in my mug. I’m also happy to enjoy a cup of green or red rooibos (green preferable to red), herbals, oolongs (unroasted/green and red preferable to roasted), whites, and subtly flavoured greens.

Likes:
Raspberry, peach, rhubarb, passionfruit, blackcurrant, redcurrant, and most fruits in general, maple, creaminess, hay, biscuit, lavender, and cacao/dark chocolate.

I enjoy bergamot when paired with flavours that mellow it (Camellia Sinensis Earl Grey Cream is one of my favourites).

Dislikes:
Any smokiness at all, stevia, too much blackberry leaf, rose, jasmine, ginger (except in chai), cinnamon-heavy teas, anything cloying or fake/candy-like.

I’m vegan with an allergy to potatoes, so I avoid any animal products in tea, along with sprinkles as these often have potato starch (I usually just pick them out of blends).

Last updated January 2023.

Canada