drank Ginger Tea by Teavana

I have nothing good to say about this “tea”. My first impression was that I had just brewed the contents of your latest drug test’s specimen cup…yah, exactly. Overcoming my initial revulsion…sort of a case of morbid curiosity…I actually tasted it. I’ll sum it up by saying that I believe the majority of the flavor came from the paper cup the tea was in..oh, and there was a little ginger zing after the fact.

Cofftea

Sad day! In spite of your rating though, I’d still love to try this one.

fcmonroe

So, you didn’t like it?

Cofftea

@fcmonroe, I’m thinking the rating of 1 gives that one away.

Atacdad

brew a cup, walk down the office hallway, set the cup down on a co-worker’s desk and say, with a sigh, “Thank God I had the cup…almost didn’t make it”.
My cube neighbor was amused, but then he’s a bit odd too ;-)

Comments

Cofftea

Sad day! In spite of your rating though, I’d still love to try this one.

fcmonroe

So, you didn’t like it?

Cofftea

@fcmonroe, I’m thinking the rating of 1 gives that one away.

Atacdad

My cube neighbor was amused, but then he’s a bit odd too ;-)

I remember when I discovered that there was more to tea than hot or iced. I was given a loose tea sampler (M.T.W.) and a stainless steel tea ball as a Christmas gift many years ago. That was the start of what will be a life-long love of fine tea. I discovered Steepster from a blog entry on the Mark. T. Wendell website…and have, from Steepster, discovered even more fine teas and vendors. I decided to post my thoughts in the hope that others discover a good, fine tea.
I am unashamedly stealing this rating description from Morgana and hope to go through my history and update my rating accordingly. (Note: not done yet – I will remove this note when I have done so)

95-100 A once in a lifetime experience; the best there is

90-94 Excellent; first rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Very good; will likely buy more

70-79 Good; would enjoy again, might buy again

60-69 Okay; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but likely won’t buy again

Below 60 Meh, so-so, iffy, or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Austin, Texas